Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What did you do with your time before you had kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Someone mentioned this in another group & I thought it would make a fun post. I swear I feel like I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off most days. So... what did you spend your time doing? 

by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Replies (51-60):
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Ahh to only have to worry about what cute new outfit money will be spent on instead of bills. Those were the days lol 

Quoting copugowner:

When I was single, I worked long hours. Spent my earnings eating out and on clothes.   Education was completed in my 20s.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Awesome! Pool is so fun, but I am terrible at it. 

Quoting Kageegirl: I worked part time and went to school part time. When I wasn't doing either of those I bowled on a league, tried my hand at pool and tennis and went out with friends.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:37 PM

I am not even sure I remember what relaxing is lol

Quoting Jinxed8:

wow ... I sure did a lot more relaxing.  I was a lot more focused on work / my carreer too.  I had hobbies, I did lots of entertaining / time with friends, went on holidays, vacations, weekend getaways.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:38 PM

I need to finish going through the post & reading all these awesome responses. For now the baby calls.. again haha 

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:42 PM
I was a young adult who had just reached the legal drinking age and I got knocked up. Lol! I didn't like drinking much anyway so I didn't care about missing drinking. I hung out with my friends, went to college, and was looking for a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I was in my last year of college, working and a newlywed right before I had kid's. I was up all hours of the night and slept in. I read a lot, did homework and did a lot of dates with my husband oh and the house was super easy to keep clean...lol

Pink.Frosting
I know I sound like a scrooge, but I'm so ready for Christmas to be over this year. Our poor tree is haggard looking from being attacked by cats. I just want it *down* and to have my living room back to *normal.* Bah Humbug...
Yesterday at 12:35 PM
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Nothing different, really.  I married young, so I was busy being a wife.  My hobbies haven't changed over the years, they are the same they were back then.  So things have been fairly consistent about what I do with my days.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Well I gotta admit that getting divorced was a blessing in disguise for that one.  Now, one weekend out of 2 DD goes there and I get to relax which makes a HUGE difference in my life.  I pretty much go back to "before I had kids" mode when she's gone and it's awesome.   

Quoting splatz:

I am not even sure I remember what relaxing is lol

Quoting Jinxed8:

wow ... I sure did a lot more relaxing.  I was a lot more focused on work / my carreer too.  I had hobbies, I did lots of entertaining / time with friends, went on holidays, vacations, weekend getaways.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way. Seems silly to waste a ton of money on something that just makes you act stupid. :) 

Quoting Jenn8604: I was a young adult who had just reached the legal drinking age and I got knocked up. Lol! I didn't like drinking much anyway so I didn't care about missing drinking. I hung out with my friends, went to college, and was looking for a job.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Oooh to have a clean house again. I have given up! 

surrender

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I was in my last year of college, working and a newlywed right before I had kid's. I was up all hours of the night and slept in. I read a lot, did homework and did a lot of dates with my husband oh and the house was super easy to keep clean...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN