Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What did you do with your time before you had kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Someone mentioned this in another group & I thought it would make a fun post. I swear I feel like I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off most days. So... what did you spend your time doing? 

by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Replies (51-60):
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Ahh to only have to worry about what cute new outfit money will be spent on instead of bills. Those were the days lol 

Quoting copugowner:

When I was single, I worked long hours. Spent my earnings eating out and on clothes.   Education was completed in my 20s.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Awesome! Pool is so fun, but I am terrible at it. 

Quoting Kageegirl: I worked part time and went to school part time. When I wasn't doing either of those I bowled on a league, tried my hand at pool and tennis and went out with friends.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:37 PM

I am not even sure I remember what relaxing is lol

Quoting Jinxed8:

wow ... I sure did a lot more relaxing.  I was a lot more focused on work / my carreer too.  I had hobbies, I did lots of entertaining / time with friends, went on holidays, vacations, weekend getaways.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:38 PM

I need to finish going through the post & reading all these awesome responses. For now the baby calls.. again haha 

Jenn8604
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:42 PM
I was a young adult who had just reached the legal drinking age and I got knocked up. Lol! I didn't like drinking much anyway so I didn't care about missing drinking. I hung out with my friends, went to college, and was looking for a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I was in my last year of college, working and a newlywed right before I had kid's. I was up all hours of the night and slept in. I read a lot, did homework and did a lot of dates with my husband oh and the house was super easy to keep clean...lol

Pink.Frosting
Horrible day. Going to draw my circle even tighter. People make me weary with their drama and assumptions.
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Nothing different, really.  I married young, so I was busy being a wife.  My hobbies haven't changed over the years, they are the same they were back then.  So things have been fairly consistent about what I do with my days.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Well I gotta admit that getting divorced was a blessing in disguise for that one.  Now, one weekend out of 2 DD goes there and I get to relax which makes a HUGE difference in my life.  I pretty much go back to "before I had kids" mode when she's gone and it's awesome.   

Quoting splatz:

I am not even sure I remember what relaxing is lol

Quoting Jinxed8:

wow ... I sure did a lot more relaxing.  I was a lot more focused on work / my carreer too.  I had hobbies, I did lots of entertaining / time with friends, went on holidays, vacations, weekend getaways.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way. Seems silly to waste a ton of money on something that just makes you act stupid. :) 

Quoting Jenn8604: I was a young adult who had just reached the legal drinking age and I got knocked up. Lol! I didn't like drinking much anyway so I didn't care about missing drinking. I hung out with my friends, went to college, and was looking for a job.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Oooh to have a clean house again. I have given up! 

surrender

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I was in my last year of college, working and a newlywed right before I had kid's. I was up all hours of the night and slept in. I read a lot, did homework and did a lot of dates with my husband oh and the house was super easy to keep clean...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN