Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Wondering....

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello Ladies, 

I am new to the forum, I am wondering how would you veiw this. I am 31 years old and I have a 10 year old son from a previous marriage which my curent husband adopted.  Here's the problem.. I want to be pregnant and have a child. My husband is so nervous due to my illnesses such as PCOS and Lukopenia. Even though the doctor said we can start trying now, and even gave us the go ahead my husband is nervous. Now he's gone so far as to  say, I don't want kids. We have 1 and he's enough. 

Anywho my fertile period is coming up. Would it be wrong for me not to tell him anything about the fertile period and see what happens?!

Am I being selfish?

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JessiFaye
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Yes, that would be wrong. You'd essentially be making a life decision for him against his will, and that isn't just selfish; it's cruel to him and to any potential child. Keep the conversation going; maybe have him go to an appointment with you and have a talk with the doctor, and see if that could help ease his fears. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:45 PM

It sounds like your dh is caring and trying to be sweet so nothing happens to you, I wouldn't deceive him and get pregnant anyway.

steffielou_who
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:06 PM

I would go for it! lol..

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 29, 2014 at 9:31 PM
That would be wrong to not tell him.
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:13 AM

That would be messed up. Sounds like you guys have alot of sitting down and talking to do before a unwanted pregnancy stirs up more trouble. I miscarried almost 3 yrs ago with my second pregnancy and the day we were soposed to start trying again, he said no that he couldn't do it and didn't want anymore kids. We chilled out and talked everything through real well. He then decided that we would try again but deep down he still didn't want anymore kids. If it would have gotten to the point where he put his foot down and was serious about it at the time then I wouldn't have pushed it. My love  relationship with my husband and my 3 yr old at the time was more important to me than being selfish and bringing a baby into the world that would have brought us down. If I  had to do without then I would have. I agree. You guys need to talk to the doctor so he can understand that its ok if he is willing to do so. I know how hard it is to want that baby so bad but you have to respect your husband and his wishes too

celestegood
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 5:28 AM
It's something you need to talk to him about. But you know, even if you don't try, accidents do happen-so he needs to talk to you about this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN