Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My Rocky has passed. :(

Posted by   + Show Post

It is with a very sad heart that I post this. Many of you know my Beagle- Jack Russel mix had kidney failure. He was born with it. We adopted him from the dog pound when he was one years old. I couldn't figure out why he peed no matter how many times I took him out, even in his crate, which is unusual. I suspected a bladder or kidney infection. The vet ran tests and diagnosed him with kidney failure.

He was put on special food as they kept an eye on his numbers. Then he had to start IV fluids everyday. So for a little over a year now we took him to the vet daily except on Sunday (because they are closed) to get his fluids. He did well up until recently. His numbers got worse and worse but he still acted fine. He played and he ate good. I did have to start making him a homemade diet because he stopped liking that nasty kidney dog food. The vets were amazed he was so good despite his numbers. Then he crashed. He couldn't eat at all. He couldn't sleep at all because he was so sick and couldn't get comfortable. He would go from couch to couch to chair to floor. Eyes half way open, then all the way. He was shaking. We wanted to spend a little more time to say goodbye. but there was no way. He was suffering, and we couldn't let that happen. Rocky was only 3 years old. One of the sweetest dogs you ever known. He was human like. You know how some dogs are more doggy? He would look you in your eyes and lay his head on your chest, long before he was sick too. He is already greatly missed and it was just yesterday this happened. My DH and I cried like a baby. DH was really close to him and is having a hard time dealing with this. Rocky loved everyone but I was his favorite person.

Thanks for listening. I loved that little dog so much! He is greatly missed.

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Replies (31-40):
SpiritedWitch
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I'm so sorry. I lost my beloved Acie (cat) to diabetes in 2003 and last year, we lost our Luckie (cat). I literally rescued her from the middle of the road after she had been hit. She lived for 3.5 years and was spoiled rotten. 

~Hugs~

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Thank you.

Quoting johnny4ever:

im sorry

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Thank you for yor kind words. I feel like Rocky got cheated being he was only 3 years old. You know?

Quoting trish2tew:

My middle SIL just went through this with her older(12+yr) Pom Tod. She had had him since he was a puppy and was definitely a family member, not a pet. He didn't last as long as Rocky did. It's hard to end their suffering, but it's just not fair to any of you guys.

I am sorry for your loss. hugs

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Thank you. I need them.

Quoting MSJAP2010: I am so sorry for your loss sweetie. Hugs to you momma

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss too. They are part of the family.

Quoting sunnie4u:

I'm so sorry for your lost :( I will send you a hug).  I lost my scotty sunshine 9 months ago it's so hard losing a pet because they are a part of your family.  I still miss her everyday.  hugs

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks Dana.

Quoting DanaG70:

I'm so sorry Janet! I've lost three loved furry ones in the last two years. It makes my heart heavy for you. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Thank you.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

I'm so sorry. I lost my beloved Acie (cat) to diabetes in 2003 and last year, we lost our Luckie (cat). I literally rescued her from the middle of the road after she had been hit. She lived for 3.5 years and was spoiled rotten. 

~Hugs~

PinkButterfly66
by New Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Honey, I'm so sorry for your loss and pain.  RIP Rocky.

pegasusdancing
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our dachshund, Max on April 16. He had cancer. It's been a huge adjustment for us, most especially for DH. DH got Max at 6 weeks old. Max was 13. We just couldn't watch him suffer. I still cry every once in a while because I miss him so much. Our pets become such a part of our families. They aren't animals, they are full-fledged family memebers.

mom4awesomekids
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:37 PM
So sorry for your loss!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)