Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Just turned 40, have 4 kids already and I'm WHAT???

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 7:23 PM
  • 45 Replies
3 moms liked this
Pregnant...
At least my test this morning said I was. I'm trying hard not to be devestated. I believe all babies are blessings and are God's gifts. But I was DONE with having kids! I had a surprise baby four years ago and she is wonderful, but she's my baby and I'm just in shock. I missed NO pills and took them at the same time every night. I haven't told my DH yet. He's 13 years older than me! I'm so shocked and numb...

Thank you for your kind responses. I'm scheduling a doctor's appointment tomorrow to be sure what's going on. My hubby found the pregnancy test box in the trash (not the most suave way to break news!) and he just smiled and laughed! We both believe that if we are expecting again it has to be God's doing since we were ACTIVELY trying to keep from conceiving. One step at a time....

Also, abortion is not something I would ever consider doing. I would never judge anyone for making that choice but life is precious to me and I couldn't live with myself if I took the life of my child - no matter what the stage of development.

UPDATE: So...it's confirmed! I'm really pregnant with baby #5. I'm still in shock but I've stopped crying. I guess God thinks we need a fifth child. Wow...
by on May. 3, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope all goes well and works out for ya. Congrats to you if you are!!I had my tubes tied 20 months ago during my c-section with my 2nd kid. No More! Im 30 now. When I told myself that i was done..i meant it.lol!!

natural_s
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations to you if you are.

WahmSahm
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this

My mother once told me about a pregnancy that took her by surprise when she thought she was done having kids.  She said, "I could either be upset & miserable and have a baby or I could be happy & delighted and have a baby.  I chose to be happy about it!"  :) 

I know that's easier said than done and that you're in shock;  but the shock will fade and you'll adjust to the idea in time if you are indeed pregnant.  (Hope all goes smoothly for you throughout if you are!)

johnny4ever
Hiking!
Today at 10:55 AM
by Mrs. Depp on May. 4, 2014 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Children are a blessing.We could only have one so ....

booaura
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:12 AM
I'm so sorry :( Abortion is an option.

Whether you choose to have this baby or not is entirely your choice. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StaciF
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Children are a blessing from God, a heritage from The Lord. Blessed is the man who's quiver is full. Psalm 126

I would be in complete shock too!! Give it a few days and let it sink in and blood work to confirm it's real and go from there. It will all work out - surprises can be the biggest blessings!
HaroldsMom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

This

Quoting StaciF: Children are a blessing from God, a heritage from The Lord. Blessed is the man who's quiver is full. Psalm 126 I would be in complete shock too!! Give it a few days and let it sink in and blood work to confirm it's real and go from there. It will all work out - surprises can be the biggest blessings!

HopeFloats2014
by New Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

BLESSED!!!!

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Everything happens for a reason hope u figure out the best choice for u good luck hope it all works out
bluevelvetKS
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations! A friend of mine just turned 47 and she's pregnant. My hubby is 50 and I'm almost 34. I can see us having kids when he's in his 60's :)  I know many, many women who have babies in their 40's and they already have 10, 12, 15 kids. It used to be normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)