Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would You...

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:50 PM
  • 2 Replies
I am brain storming my main characters in my current novel as I go along. I am thinking about my main female character asking my main male character to marry her. Only when she is sure he loves her. What do you think about that?

I don't think I could have proposed to my DH. Too old fashioned I guess.

How about you? Could you have proposed to your DH? Could you propose to your SO/BF?
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SlightlyPerfect
Just imagine how much people could accomplish after they accept that there is no god. No god to blame. No god to thank. No god to praise. No god to grant or deny requests. No predetermined plan. Just imagine the possibilities that would come with that one realization that people have to take ownership of themselves, their choices, and their moral obligations.
Yesterday at 10:57 AM
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:10 PM
I proposed to my DH. I don't understand why people think that's such a weird thing. You want to get married, right? So what does it matter who takes the initiative to make it official?

In fact, I'm thinking of a few friends I have who are "waiting" for their SOs to propose. I asked them why they just don't propose to their guys, and they really didn't have an answer besides "tradition." It makes me question how serious they and the relationships are, honestly.
Noelle40
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Cool. Good for you.

DH and I only dated two weeks and he asked.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: I proposed to my DH. I don't understand why people think that's such a weird thing. You want to get married, right? So what does it matter who takes the initiative to make it official?

In fact, I'm thinking of a few friends I have who are "waiting" for their SOs to propose. I asked them why they just don't propose to their guys, and they really didn't have an answer besides "tradition." It makes me question how serious they and the relationships are, honestly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)