Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Advice on a friend guy

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 9:20 AM
  • 8 Replies
Morining moms , hi I have this issue I have this friend guy we have been friends for almost two years we have been thru alot together and I have deep feelings for him and love and he is the same with me , but its like we both are scared to get into a relationship as far as been together so we haven't talked now for four days and im scared to call and text himits like I dont know what to do my mom told me he is a good guy my kids love him they ask about him and his family call and check in on me like me and him have support but then its alot of ppl that don't want us together and that is jealous of us im afraid of losing him what should I do
by on May. 5, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
GypsiSky
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Just text him. Keep it light and friendly and see how that goes. Don't rush him, just enjoy what you have now and follow his cues to see if he is ready for a deeper relationship.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 11:43 AM

keep in touch.  You know what other people think or want should not alter your feelings for him.  When I married DH a lot of people were not happy about it but so be it.  My happiness came first.

CaptNumo9
by on May. 5, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Sounds like you are thinking, slowing down and making wise choices. It is ok to go slow and build a friendship first. Marriages last when there is a solid foundation of friendship to base it on.  You can talk and enjoy one another's company. Here is a good website that has a "Relationships" tab that has a lot of good advice, http://www.boundless.org/ . Blessings as you move forward, friend. You are a wise woman!

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on May. 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM

I would call him.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 6, 2014 at 11:28 AM

What she said.

Quoting GypsiSky:

Just text him. Keep it light and friendly and see how that goes. Don't rush him, just enjoy what you have now and follow his cues to see if he is ready for a deeper relationship.

MS.BRADSHAW
by on May. 6, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Guys im scared of losing him I mean Im scraed it will be someone else are if he end up goin back to his ex I think about this all day through out the day
GypsiSky
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 12:17 PM

You're overthinking it. Have you contacted him yet? Maybe make plans to hang out or something. No pressure, no expectations.

Quoting MS.BRADSHAW: Guys im scared of losing him I mean Im scraed it will be someone else are if he end up goin back to his ex I think about this all day through out the day

tiffany.smith81
by on May. 8, 2014 at 5:19 AM
What she said what she said...text keep it light.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

What she said.

Quoting GypsiSky:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN