Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Heart Broken

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:31 PM
  • 32 Replies

I have posted before about my sd16 that is pregnant. She is due the 18th of this month with my granddaughter. Here is what I am heartbroken about. DH has legal custody of her but she wanted to live with bm a year ago. Now that she is pregnant we know that she needs help with the baby so she can finish school but she wants to live with bm. Because we had been trying to talk her into moving back with us (we have rules and bm doesn't) she has blocked us from calling her. My MIL is throwing her a baby shower this Thursday and invited me because she said that I have been momma to her all these years and I deserve to be there. SD said that she didn't care if I came that it was up to me. I know that I will not get to see this baby and it kills me. I have raised sd and now bm gets to be grandma to this baby while I cease to exist. I have left her alone like she asked but I still want to cry every time I think about it. How do I stop? I have talked to dh about it and he feels the same way I do but by law we cannot make her live with us even if he does have custody. We can bring her to our house but if we try to make her stay then she can get us for false imprisonment according to our atty and a couple of officers that we have talked to. Sorry for the vent and thanks for listening.

by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
3 weeks till school starts!
Yesterday at 7:22 AM
by Mrs. Depp on May. 5, 2014 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww....I think she will come around.Especially once her child is here.

adove01
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Once that baby is born she will change her tune. She should count herself lucky that her stepmother wants to help. When I got pregnant as a teen my stepmother kicked me out and still refuses to talk to me or my kids.
ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:12 AM

I hope so. But MIL is giving her a baby shower this weekend and wants me to come but don't know if I should. I have been asked to give her some space so I think I will just drop a gift off before hand.

Quoting johnny4ever:

Aww....I think she will come around.Especially once her child is here.

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:12 AM

I am sorry to hear that. The last thing that me and dh told her was that no matter what she is still our kid and that she knows where the door is if she ever wants to come back in.

Quoting adove01: Once that baby is born she will change her tune. She should count herself lucky that her stepmother wants to help. When I got pregnant as a teen my stepmother kicked me out and still refuses to talk to me or my kids.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Give her time. I'm sure she will come around. She will realize after the baby is here how much she will need you in her life.

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Thanks. I got yelled at yesterday by MIL who told us to leave her alone and let her live her life (and she has blocked us from her phone) because I told her I was not coming to the baby shower after being told to leave her alone and her blocking us.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Give her time. I'm sure she will come around. She will realize after the baby is here how much she will need you in her life.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Sounds like MIL is pulling the strings there. Does your daughter have a cell phone? Does she have a FB page where you can contact her.

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Thanks. I got yelled at yesterday by MIL who told us to leave her alone and let her live her life (and she has blocked us from her phone) because I told her I was not coming to the baby shower after being told to leave her alone and her blocking us.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

AubryJ
by on May. 6, 2014 at 11:34 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd back off for a while and not go to the shower. When she has her baby she may very well come around. Especially when she realizes how demanding little ones are. When she does have the baby maybe send her flowers or a gift for the baby and a card. I wouldn't go visit her in the hospital unless invited. Hopefully she'll come around. MIL should just butt out. I wouldn't talk to her about the situation at all.
Tracylynn100
by on May. 6, 2014 at 11:38 AM

At some point she will need a babysitter 

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:40 AM

She has a cell and fb and has blocked us from both. She has told us she wants us to leave her alone.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Sounds like MIL is pulling the strings there. Does your daughter have a cell phone? Does she have a FB page where you can contact her.

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)