Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

An update on my sd16****EDIT AGAIN***

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM
  • 4 Replies

As most of you know she is pregnant and living with bm even though we have custody. Well she had blocked us from calling her and from FB. She still has us blocked from FB but unblocked from the phone now. She is at my MIL's house for her baby shower and has told me that it is just going to be her dad's side of the family there. No friends (most have abandoned her) and that she wants me to be at her dad's ball game because she said that she knows it is important to him and that if she weren't having the shower she would be there too. The three of us talked about her and the baby for about 2 hours last night. No fighting but just being honest with each other. We did tell her that we wanted her back with us and would help her. She told us that she wanted to at least give bm the benefit of doubt but that if she saw that bm was not keeping her word she would call us to move back home. We told her that we wanted to have a game plan and told her that if it came to her moving back that here is what we were offering her. She would not have to work as long as she was in school but that she would be full time student and mommy. We would keep the baby for her to go to school and that we would give her one night a week out for her. But that we would expect her grades to stay where they are (online school she showed us that she is making A's and B's so she is still doing good) and she talked to the school since there was only 2 weeks left of school that she wanted to finish the year early and they are letting her. She told us that she loved us and that since the baby's daddy bailed (big surprise) that she wanted bm, me and dh in there with her and dh to cut the cord. I had her have bm call me last night and I talked to her for about 30 minutes and told her that I just wanted to let her know what sd decided and what the plan was if she moves with us but that she was staying with her for the time being. I told her that we were all going to be in the room with her when the baby gets here and that I know we all wanted to make sure that it was all about her and the baby and bm agreed. She and I can get along sometimes but I told her that I didn't want there to be any tension between us that we were all going to be there for her and she agreed with that too. SD told us that she was at the dr for her checkup yesterday and she was at 2cm's and that they are inducing her on the 17th if she doesn't have her sooner. She is taking it easy because she doesn't want to have her on the 15th because that is her little sister's bday and she doesn't want to take that from her but is still taking it easy. I want to thank you all for being there for me through this. We followed your advice and baby steps are coming. Thank you all.

SD had her baby shower and it was only for family. She did get a lot of things that she needed but dh decided that he wanted to get one more thing for her. He bought her a I a package for the local day spa for the end of the month so that she and I can get pampered and told her that if she needed he would keep the baby for her. The baby's daddy showed up at the shower (she had told him about it) and told her that he didn't want to be a dad but that he would bring her things that she needs.

by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 8, 2014 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome that you all worked it out.

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2014 at 10:58 AM

We are not where we need to be but are working on it.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on May. 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Just take it slow and one day at a time. You will get there. Good Luck!

Quoting ladybugchick317:

We are not where we need to be but are working on it.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

sonshining
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh Hooray, thank God. Dounds like things are falling in place for a smooth encounter for all! Excited for your baby grandchild!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN