Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Attention whores ...

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:53 AM
  • 13 Replies

Excuse the expression but it's the only fitting description for these people !!!!!!!!  I have these friends on FB that I seriously can't stand anymore!   They are just CONSTANTLY complaining or whining, or asking for help.  Good grief !  Do you really have to post EVERY aspect of your life and woes on FB so people can cyber "there-there" you ??

One of the girls is gettng married and has asked for help on every single aspect of her wedding.  Her latest request, a kind soul who would do her make up for free because she can't afford it.  Well for the love of God chick, do your %$#@! makeup yourself !!!!!!!  I did at my last wedding, not because I couldn't afford it but because I know my face more than anyone else.   If you couldn't afford a damn wedding, then you shouldn't be having a wedding, do it on a small scale and call it a day. 

The other one interveined in a bullying incident between 4 girls that happened on a city bus she got punched in the face by one of the mean girls and now she's like in deep therapy and all shook up and can't sleep and can't eat and can't work and can't function.  Every post she makes is about how traumatised she is ... Oh , it's the world's longest sad violin solo.  Adn frankly all I want to do is tell her to suck it up and get over it already.

Deep down they are sweet girls - I shouldn't delete them per say but frankly I will hide their feed from now on because it just pisses me off.  When did FB stop being something fun and started being such a drama board for everybody to post when's the last time they farted ?

Rant over

by on May. 8, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpiritFortress
I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous, if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all because they enslave the minds of [humankind]. - Robert Green Ingersoll
Yesterday at 2:53 PM
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I know. We live in a society of major over-share. I got my "friends" list down to about 12 or 13 people after weeding out all the incessant over-share posters.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:30 AM

There is a app right called how annoying are you on FB and it's freckin' hillarious, I think a WHOLE bunch of people should take the test to see how incredibly annoying they are ...

amybrg86
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:46 AM

omg I'm totally with you on this!!! I hate all these annoying posts on facebook from--ESPECIALLY--girls!!!!! I have already hid several of the girls' who are on my facebook updates because they're so annoying for several reasons----post way too often, post too much info, post crap that most people prob don't want to know, write posts/post photos to get attention, post stupid things like 'hey it's friday...time for happy hour...who's with me?!' and so on. And like you said, it's not these are bad people (otherwise we prob wouldn't be friends with them), they just post annoying things!! My boyfriend has a ton of these sort of girls on his facebook who he apparently considers friends...ugh, those whiny-attention-seeking girls..   for whatever reason some people just can't seem to get enough of them! Hey, maybe we're wrong here-----maybe we should start being annoying on facebook and posting/commenting on every post we see and post bikini photos of ourselves so we get lots of attention!  UGH. I wish facebook would be closed down!!!!!

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Seriously ... I know a lot of people's schedule because of FB. All I'm missing is their bathroom and nookie time seriously.  I also know what they eat, what they cook, when they train, what they are watching, I know what their kids look like, what they dislike and like, their latest grades, I've seen baby bumps from beggining to end of pregnancy ... I've seen the inside of their house even though I've never been there.  I know when they go to bed and when they wake up. 

And you also have the ultimate attention whores who post the infamous "I'm so depressed"  with no further detail of course,  or the classic "I can't take this anymore" "send prayers please " ...

Quoting amybrg86:

omg I'm totally with you on this!!! I hate all these annoying posts on facebook from--ESPECIALLY--girls!!!!! I have already hid several of the girls' who are on my facebook updates because they're so annoying for several reasons----post way too often, post too much info, post crap that most people prob don't want to know, write posts/post photos to get attention, post stupid things like 'hey it's friday...time for happy hour...who's with me?!' and so on. And like you said, it's not these are bad people (otherwise we prob wouldn't be friends with them), they just post annoying things!! My boyfriend has a ton of these sort of girls on his facebook who he apparently considers friends...ugh, those whiny-attention-seeking girls..   for whatever reason some people just can't seem to get enough of them! Hey, maybe we're wrong here-----maybe we should start being annoying on facebook and posting/commenting on every post we see and post bikini photos of ourselves so we get lots of attention!  UGH. I wish facebook would be closed down!!!!!

amybrg86
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Quoting Jinxed8:

Seriously ... I know a lot of people's schedule because of FB. All I'm missing is their bathroom and nookie time seriously.  I also know what they eat, what they cook, when they train, what they are watching, I know what their kids look like, what they dislike and like, their latest grades, I've seen baby bumps from beggining to end of pregnancy ... I've seen the inside of their house even though I've never been there.  I know when they go to bed and when they wake up. 

And you also have the ultimate attention whores who post the infamous "I'm so depressed"  with no further detail of course,  or the classic "I can't take this anymore" "send prayers please " ...

Quoting amybrg86:

Absolutely!! A lot of days, I wish there was no facebook, no instagram, and no cell phones. Maybe people would pay attention to what's REALLY going on. Or at least if these things are going to stick around the smart people who have invented them should devise ways to monitor and LIMIT the posts from each person and the amount of times things are posted!!  

Del672
by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I have one like this.  FULL of drama and friggen Prayer Requests in a family that NEVER changes. 

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting Jinxed8:

Quoting amybrg86:

Absolutely!! A lot of days, I wish there was no facebook, no instagram, and no cell phones. Maybe people would pay attention to what's REALLY going on. Or at least if these things are going to stick around the smart people who have invented them should devise ways to monitor and LIMIT the posts from each person and the amount of times things are posted!!  

CandyMoon
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:26 AM
This makes me so glad I don't do Facebook lol
Jamaicanmecrazi
by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol, therapy for getting punched in the face...I can't even with that
Meg2011425
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:35 AM
I agree I've had to hide quite a few statuses because it's ridiculous. And the family members of mine posting drinking party things. It's just annoying, you like 40 or 50 acting like your 21. Come on! I'm 25 and I don't drink like that or post pictures or be so incredible mean. I see them on holidays no more no less.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Unfriend. It's so easy. The first one is hard, but after that, it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Pew Pew Pew!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)