Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

ring size after pregnancy

Posted by on May. 10, 2014 at 5:15 AM
  • 8 Replies
after you have had a baby have your ring sizes gone up?

I had my first baby on February and had to take off my wedding and engagement rings off about half way through my pregnancy as well as two other rings I wore, one on my right middle finger and one on my right pinky finger. I can wear the pinky ring again but the others don't fit, I have lost most of the weight already but I still can't get them on.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Is it permanent or will it go back if I lose the rest of the weight?
by on May. 10, 2014 at 5:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
booaura
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 5:19 AM
1 mom liked this
No, mine are the same, unless I have some swelling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vilandra
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 2:25 PM
that gives me some hope that mine will go down , I really don't want to have to resize my rings

Quoting booaura: No, mine are the same, unless I have some swelling.
DACIA79
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 2:30 PM
My ring size did change permanently . My shoe size also went up.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Mine took a year to go back to normal with my first, but you should be able to get it back.  Are you nursing?  Sometimes that can affect fluid retention/weight issues.  For me, the more swollen my fingers were, the more dehydrated I was.  Keep sucking down water, especially as the temps go up.

vilandra
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM
my shoe size stayed the same thankfully, I didn't know you're fingers could do the sane

Quoting DACIA79: My ring size did change permanently . My shoe size also went up.
vilandra
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM
yeah I am nursing, drinking enough water to feel like a fish I still have 11 lbs to lose so I hope that has something to do with my rings

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Mine took a year to go back to normal with my first, but you should be able to get it back.  Are you nursing?  Sometimes that can affect fluid retention/weight issues.  For me, the more swollen my fingers were, the more dehydrated I was.  Keep sucking down water, especially as the temps go up.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Yes, it did : / 

Snowbuny
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I think it depends on your age and if you are nursing. It only took me about 4 months after my first baby, but I was only 20 years old. I will be 27 years old this month and my newest baby is 9months. My rings fit at about 4 months, but I also breastfed for 6 months. They say breastfeeding speeds body recovery. Although I still don't fit into my summer shorts yet :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)