Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does anyone have to work on mothers day?

Posted by on May. 10, 2014 at 9:31 AM
  • 10 Replies

I am scheduled to work on mothersday. I am really pissed off because at least i could have gotten the evening shift. But I have to open missing out on anything nice the church will be doing. I have four children 6-15. The worst part is in my job I am the only mother there aside from the custodian. But she is off. My managers are two lesbians whom obviously have no children. They will go spend the day with their moms while my kids will be at home alone because dh has to work as well. Why are people such dicks?

by on May. 10, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimsamomof3
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I have to work too. I didn't think to have someone cover my shift.
6licks
by New Member on May. 10, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Quoting kimsamomof3: I have to work too. I didn't think to have someone cover my shift.

we shouldn't have to request off unless there are plenty other mothers employed at the same company.  I just feel its common sense and courteous. 

kimsamomof3
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 9:43 AM
My situation is a little different than most. Sundays are payroll days. Which is my job. There are few people that know how to do it. Also I make my own schedule. So if I would've thought about it I could've asked someone that knew how to do my job to work for me.

Quoting 6licks:

Quoting kimsamomof3: I have to work too. I didn't think to have someone cover my shift.

we shouldn't have to request off unless there are plenty other mothers employed at the same company.  I just feel its common sense and courteous. 

dotsicle
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 9:52 AM

My daughter has to work Sunday. Most of the other employees are students. We celebrated Mothers' Day yesterday (Friday) because she also has to work Saturday. My family has worked around work schedules and inlaw demands for YEARS.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on May. 10, 2014 at 8:05 PM
I'm off on weekends. My sister has to work tomorrow so she won't be able to spend the afternoon with my mom and myself.
lazyd
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Just cuz their lesbians does not mean they don't have kids!!!  I'm workin today & i dont know what my sister is doing & my mom is celebrating with her church.  We are gunna get together later in the week when everyone's not so busy and the restaurants aren't packed.  If you had wanted it off, than you should have requested it.  No one else has to have "common sense" or be "courteous", if you are the only employee that can do a certain job than you will have to suffer & be the one who has to work.  I dont really care to celebrate all these stupid "holidays" anyways!

smgremminger
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM
I worked 6am- 2pm
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on May. 11, 2014 at 5:41 PM

No but I am on my 4th load of laundry!

jrfan4evermom
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I had to work today from 8am-2pm.... Then we went to my moms had pizza and watched part of Forrest Gump!
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Yep, worked 10-5. I didn't even think about it being mothers day, other wise I wouldn't have scheduled clients and took the day off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)