Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you have a good relationship with your siblings?

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 11:21 PM
  • 50 Replies

I was reading the article about the twins that were born holding hands. Twins generally have a closer bond than regular siblings, but it got me thinking about all siblings.

I am not very close with my siblings. I mean we get along but we are by no means close. My kids however are very close.

Are your kids close to each other?

Do you have good relationships with your siblings?

by on May. 11, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IAMmomtotrips
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:29 PM
My daughters are identical triplets. They are very close (two are closer than they are with the 3rd one, which causes issues with the third).

My sister and I have always been close, but the last month has been a testament to how strong our relationship is...my husband died. Her's didn't. Her husband is suffering in agonizing pain. Mine was spared this pain. It could have broke us apart, but it has pulled us closer and closer together.
KaylaBug89
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:30 PM

My brother and I got along so-so as kids. It went back and forth depending on our moods. As we got older, things got worse. We couldn't stand to be around each other. Whenever we were home alone we got into horrible fist fights. More than once my brother actually tried to choke me out. I used to avoid going home after school so I didn't have to be there alone with him. Now, I will say part of the issue with our relationship is that he was on drugs (my brother is a heroine addict). Once I moved away we got along a bit better, but it didn't take much for him to quite speaking to me. Now that he's clean, we get along much better and talk a lot more.

KaylaBug89
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. Can I ask what happened?

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: My daughters are identical triplets. They are very close (two are closer than they are with the 3rd one, which causes issues with the third). My sister and I have always been close, but the last month has been a testament to how strong our relationship is...my husband died. Her's didn't. Her husband is suffering in agonizing pain. Mine was spared this pain. It could have broke us apart, but it has pulled us closer and closer together.

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:35 PM
My eldest brother and I are 8 yrs apart.. so what I do remember growing up was him and out a lot and him being very physical. My second.brother.and I were kind of close being 4 yrs apart, he was always in trouble. My third brother, also 4 yrs older, and I were seperated when I was about 3ish or something.. but we were close I guess. Now, I am closer to my eldest brother, feel like I'm being used by my second.brother and my third and I talk when we see each other but don't go out of our ways.
IAMmomtotrips
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM
My DH and BIL were in their last training ride in New Orleans a month ago today. They were on a 4 lane highway with NO traffic, no curves, no hills, nothing. A man was driving on a suspended license, in a rental car with no insurance, and was distracted (by what we don't know), and he ran them over.

My DH died on impact and my BIL is at this point paralyzed from his waist down, but we don't know if it will be permanent, because his pelvis was shattered and they can't attempt
Weight bearing therapy until they heal.

Quoting KaylaBug89:

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: My daughters are identical triplets. They are very close (two are closer than they are with the 3rd one, which causes issues with the third).

My sister and I have always been close, but the last month has been a testament to how strong our relationship is...my husband died. Her's didn't. Her husband is suffering in agonizing pain. Mine was spared this pain. It could have broke us apart, but it has pulled us closer and closer together.

Malayahsmom06
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Me and my brother and sister are very close. We talk every day, usually more than once. My kids are close too.
juniors.mommy
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Me and my youngest sister are absoulte best friends.
Me and my oldest sister were never close growing up but now thay we are older and have kids 17days apart we are super close.
my 2nd older sister we were extremely close growing up but now not so much.
my little brother..we used to be when I lived with my dad my sm youngest sis and him but now hes 15 & a complete ass.
KaylaBug89
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:49 PM

I'm so sorry.

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: My DH and BIL were in their last training ride in New Orleans a month ago today. They were on a 4 lane highway with NO traffic, no curves, no hills, nothing. A man was driving on a suspended license, in a rental car with no insurance, and was distracted (by what we don't know), and he ran them over. My DH died on impact and my BIL is at this point paralyzed from his waist down, but we don't know if it will be permanent, because his pelvis was shattered and they can't attempt Weight bearing therapy until they heal.
Quoting KaylaBug89:

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: My daughters are identical triplets. They are very close (two are closer than they are with the 3rd one, which causes issues with the third). My sister and I have always been close, but the last month has been a testament to how strong our relationship is...my husband died. Her's didn't. Her husband is suffering in agonizing pain. Mine was spared this pain. It could have broke us apart, but it has pulled us closer and closer together.

countrymomma81
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:49 PM

I have 5 siblings between both bio parents and I'm not close with any of them. I only grew up with my sister on my mom's side and she and I aren't close at all. The others I knew about but never had much contact with. I'm fine with that.

As for my kids, they have their moments but for the most part they are close. I hope it stays that way.

wedding countdown
michelle623
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:52 PM

I am not close to my only sibling (sister). My 4 girls get along for the most part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)