Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you have a good relationship with your siblings?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was reading the article about the twins that were born holding hands. Twins generally have a closer bond than regular siblings, but it got me thinking about all siblings.

I am not very close with my siblings. I mean we get along but we are by no means close. My kids however are very close.

Are your kids close to each other?

Do you have good relationships with your siblings?

by on May. 11, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
blackpoppy
by on May. 14, 2014 at 11:26 PM

i have four brothers and i sister the one brother i was closest too just commited suicide on fri (heroine overdose) so  i was really close with him. the others we used to be but grew apart. but we still talk from time to time. but my home is always open to them and they are always welcome family's family ya know.

bamamommy2009
by on May. 14, 2014 at 11:38 PM

I have read about twins growing up, i learned by my teenage years that i ahd been a twin but that baby had passed in utero and it had made me very sad and made me wonder if i ever missed out on that closeness, well as a young kid my sister and i always fought- i mean some where flat out browls as we got into our teenage years, however NO ONE and i mean NO ONE messed with her-male or female. we are two years and two weeks apart. Even though we warred under the same roof now that we are grown up and both are mothers we have gotten alot closer{which i didnt think was possible} but without the fighting lol. i knew when my sister first slept with someone, i knew when she took her first smoke, taught her how to drive, and when i left for service it KILLED me to miss out on half of her senior year in high school, she was there with me when i was put on bed rest for my daughter when no one else was there, and to this day she still comes over to my house and we gossip and clean while our kids play. Her son is only 6 months younger than my son so we feel like they will be close too :)

themaurer7
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:41 PM
Mine are close. My sister and I no. She tried pushing down steps at a mall while I was pregnant.
biomom1437
by on May. 14, 2014 at 11:53 PM

i have a good relationship with my oldest sister.. i think bc of role revesal thing.. she is developemental disabled.. so i think she looks to me 4 a lot of answers to question that puzzle her.. but my other siblings not really.. i was trying to have a better relationship with my sister that is 15 months older then me, but i think 4 now she is just to much of a lost sheep in her own life to make enought time 4 me and her niece..

momma112206
by on May. 14, 2014 at 11:55 PM
My sister is 4 years older than me. I hate her. We do not get along anymore(used to be best friends until I moved in with my dad and her.) In February she assaulted me and I had her arrested and pressed charges and have a order if protection against her even tho we live under the same roof. She has some mental issues that haven't been addressed. Like she's bi polar. I'm pregnant and been very sick and extra tired so I nap during the day and woke up to her taking shit about me to a friend on the phone in her room today.
MistyMoo
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:57 PM
My sisters and I have a good relationship.. My kids have pretty old relationships so far.. My oldest two love the baby and they play together and get along
Chirinos
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 12:00 AM
I love my brother. I help him out with his kids but as far as us being close we're not I rezent him a lot.
As for my 2 boys they are not close at all they fight ALL the time.
JulietteM23
by on May. 15, 2014 at 12:02 AM
I have a really great relationship with 2 of 5. My little sister tho is my bestfriend!! We talk about everything.
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Me and my older sister where awful and hateful to.each other growing up but now we r pretty close my younger sister and I have always been pretty close closer now that she older I'm hoping my daughter and soon to b son well b close but only time will tell
MethuenMom
by on May. 15, 2014 at 12:12 AM

I talk to my twin daily and we see each other often.  I don't talk to my other 5 siblings on a daily basis but we do talk occassionaly.  When we all get together we get along very well.  We all love each other dearly.  We are a funny family.  There is no breaking us apart. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN