Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Advice Needed!! Help!!

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 4:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi there Moms!

I need your advice!  I am starting a new company, and I want to know what you think!  My company will provide a suprise box every month for your child with age age appropriate books and activities to get them actively engaged in reading.  What do you think?  The price would be about $25 per month?  Thank you so much for any responses or opinions, positive or negative!

Michelle

by on May. 12, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Marinemom03
by on May. 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Can you give us any examples? Sounds good
mychelle85268
by New Member on May. 12, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Marinemom03 thanks for your reply! I am going to have different boxes for different ages... From ages 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12, and 13-16 too.  What ages are your kids? I can give you an example of a box that maybe your kids will like!

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 6:43 PM

I have a 20 month old girl and 5.5 yr old girl.  We have been looking into Citrus Lane which is simalar to what your describing. I think what you wanna do is Amazing! What are your ideas?

Snowbuny
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:31 PM

$25 a month is way too much in my opinion. Especially for parents of multiples. I mean even having just 2 kids is $50 a month. The library is free, and has free activities. Most online video games that require a subscription are, on average, $15 a month. Also, magazine subscriptions for children seem to be about $12-$15 for a year. Obviously, these are major companies that have the resources to be that cheap, but that is what you would be completing with. Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Quoting Snowbuny:

$25 a month is way too much in my opinion. Especially for parents of multiples. I mean even having just 2 kids is $50 a month. The library is free, and has free activities. Most online video games that require a subscription are, on average, $15 a month. Also, magazine subscriptions for children seem to be about $12-$15 for a year. Obviously, these are major companies that have the resources to be that cheap, but that is what you would be completing with. Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

I agree. This sounds like a super cool idea, but for $25 a month, I could create my own surprise boxes that would be pretty mind-blowing. I think your biggest challenge is going to be finding a demographic for this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)