Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

bread for baby??

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM
  • 15 Replies

I want to start giving our son bread, but I'm not sure what kind! I would prefer to give him the healthier 'nutty' breads, but are those okay for him (he's 7 months)?? I will NOT be giving him the enriched white bread at all because that stuff is so disgusting and bad for you <----- just my opinion. :)    What kind of bread have you fed your little one? Do you toast it first a bit? And would you put anything on it or just leave it plain??

by on May. 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
waytomanykids10
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:18 AM
We eat Dave's killer bread. My kids eat it either way. If they eat it nontoasted we put butter on it. Toasted we put butter and jam.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amybrg86
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Quoting waytomanykids10: We eat Dave's killer bread. My kids eat it either way. If they eat it nontoasted we put butter on it. Toasted we put butter and jam.

hmm..never heard of that bread! is it a 'healthy' kind?? i think for now we'll go butter-free on his toast---partially because he doesn't need to be eating butter when he's this little, but mostly due to the fact that he's home with me all day and I have NEVER put butter on toast (I only use it for cooking). 

NeonGirl9583
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:48 AM
I gave my wonder bread at a bout 5 mouths
waytomanykids10
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:50 AM

It is very healthy and expensive, over $5 a loaf.

http://www.daveskillerbread.com/

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting waytomanykids10: We eat Dave's killer bread. My kids eat it either way. If they eat it nontoasted we put butter on it. Toasted we put butter and jam.

hmm..never heard of that bread! is it a 'healthy' kind?? i think for now we'll go butter-free on his toast---partially because he doesn't need to be eating butter when he's this little, but mostly due to the fact that he's home with me all day and I have NEVER put butter on toast (I only use it for cooking). 

waytomanykids10
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Wonder bread is just glorified white bread.

Quoting NeonGirl9583: I gave my wonder bread at a bout 5 mouths

amybrg86
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Quoting waytomanykids10:

It is very healthy and expensive, over $5 a loaf.

http://www.daveskillerbread.com/

Quoting amybrg86:

thanks! yeah there's a brand here i like to get (can't think of it at the moment!) but it's super healthy and also ove $5/loaf. it's crazy.  

NeonGirl9583
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:57 AM
My kids love it

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Wonder bread is just glorified white bread.

amybrg86
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:57 AM

oooh, nope no wonder bread here. def going to give him the 'healthy' bread, just didn't know if it was okay to do at 7 months since i've read things that say things like 'no grains' and so on before a year old. how did your little one take to the bread at 5 months? 

NeonGirl9583
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 11:00 AM
They liked it. At first they kinda made a face when I feed it to them

Quoting amybrg86:

oooh, nope no wonder bread here. def going to give him the 'healthy' bread, just didn't know if it was okay to do at 7 months since i've read things that say things like 'no grains' and so on before a year old. how did your little one take to the bread at 5 months? 

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:24 PM

as per my pediatrician's advice, I gave mine a piece of "baguette" bread, the crusty, hearty french loaf, got it straight from a bakery where they made fresh bread daily using no preservatives or chemicals just flour, water, yeast.  She would gnaw on it apparently it's really good for their gums too.

Then after, yes just regular white bread.  slightly toasted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)