Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

take a shower already!

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 9:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

my 10 year old dh refuses to take a shower, I bribe her and ground her from stuff but she cries when I make her get in the shower.

anybody else?  suggestions?

by on May. 13, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mom2Squared
by New Member on May. 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Your 10 year old DH?? lol
rockchickmom
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Let your 10yr old cry. She'll get over it eventually, Lol. I have nieces and nephews(teens) who wont shower. I told my sister to lock them outside and turn a hose on them.

johnny4ever
Beautiful day!
Today at 8:35 AM
by Mrs. Depp on May. 14, 2014 at 8:50 AM

My 10 year old son gets like this sometimes. He likes his in the morning.

amandap33
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 12:59 PM

I meant dd

hollyah73
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:04 PM
I always give the "you don't want to be the stinky girl in class" lecture. It doesn't always work but eventually she goes. Let her cry and throw a fit.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:46 AM

my DD also bitches sometimes about taking showers, she often ask if she can just wash herself with a washcloth.  When she goes at her dad's sometimes he will let her not shower for 2 days (Blerch) I force her by telling her it's basic hygiene period.  There are no choices or arguments there.  She has a choice between bath or shower once in a while I'll allow the washcloth deal like in the dead of winter when I know she has not sweat or got dirty

WesternNYmom
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Both of my kids are like this.  On school days, they take a shower without issues. On weekends or during school breaks, getting them to shower is like pulling teeth. I have to resort to not letting them have playdates in order to get them to shower, put on clean clothes, comb their hair and brush their teeth.

SpiritFortress
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I wonder why she gets upset. Have you asked her? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)