Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Letting my daughter wear heels or wedges

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM
  • 13 Replies

My daughter is in love with my heels and wedges, she always likes to wear them around the house. I was at the mall the other day when I found the cutest pair of wedges for my 3 year old daughter. I was hesitant on getting them for her but she said they were comfortable and she loved them, so I did. What do you guys think about letting your kids wear heels or wedges?

by on May. 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clairewait
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I say no, not that young.

In fact, I feel like it is something I"m going to fight longer than most moms. I don't know. I think there is a line, and I think we rush our little girls to grow up too fast. Fashion is the worst culprit. There is just something sacred about your first pair of "heels" and today, too many little girls are not getting to truly appreciate that moment.

I hate that they make heels and wedges for girls so little.

whoodathunk
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:11 PM

I think it's nuts!  A three year old may play in her moms shoes, but should not wear them regularly.  It can actually cause the muscle/tendon or something shorten and cause problems.  Get her a pair of play shoes and throw out the wedges!  JMHO.

rockchickmom
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Personally I am against them for any age. Up until about 14 ish maybe. I think a 3 yr old's feet are still growing and heels can hurt injure and cause a lot of feet/calf/back problems. I have a boy thankfully I don't have to go through a lot of the girlie things, like too short shorts and skirts...heels make up too young, Lol. Good luck, it's your decision but I wouldn't allow it. 

EarlGrayHot
by on May. 15, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Too young IMO.  For that matter high heels can be very damaging to feet if they are too extreme.

WesternNYmom
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I don't think young girls need to look or dress like teens or adults. My daughter is 10, and I will only allow her to wear shoes with heel no higher than 1".  For me it is safety issue. I have seen so many of my daughter's peers take nasty spills while trying to run or climb up stairs or risers in the auditorim, while trying to balance on stilletos or wedges. Some of the girls ended up with nasty sprains or in casts due to breaking an ankle or foot or arm.   Others ended up with some nasty looking scrapes or bruises from falling while walking in those things.  When my daughter is  older, I may reconsider, but right now I believe that she should dress like a child, not a mini adult..

rachellaree20
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I'd say probably not that young.   I'm honestly not sure when I'd be ok with it though since I never wear heels and have no interest in them myself.  I actually have to practice walking in them before my wedding so I can walk down the aisle and not look wobbly and drunk because of the heels :/

Meg2011425
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Id do it but just for around the house or dress up time. But not in public. And only if she wanted to. I personally don't see a problem with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
Don't let people fool you. Everything they do is by design.
Today at 8:17 AM
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
She can wear heels when she's 18.
dotsicle
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I do not like seeing small children wearing heels or any other adult fashion. Middle school is early enough for heels.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2014 at 1:21 PM

at 3 years old ... hell no.   My 10 y.o. wanted wedges and I said no. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN