Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Senior skip day

Posted by on May. 15, 2014 at 6:45 AM
  • 23 Replies
All of you moms that have Seniors, did you let them sip school on senior skip day ??
by on May. 15, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on May. 15, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I would when it came time.

EarlGrayHot
by on May. 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Oh.  I thought I suddenly got to skip work.  I'm not sure she wanted to skip.  Can't remember that far back.

WesternNYmom
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM

When I was a senior in HighSchool, we had a principal who ran the school like a military boot camp. He banned senior skip day, and sent a note home stating that anyone caught skipping classes that day without a vallad excuse from their parents, would be barred from participating in the upcoming Graduation ceremony.  It was ridiculous. Our class got together and decided to plan our end of the year class trip to a local theme park for that day. So we actually got our Senior skip day, but because it was an approved class trip, we didn't get in trouble for not being in class.  It was a great solution to that issue.

MethuenMom
by on May. 15, 2014 at 1:02 PM

My DS is only a Freshman but if his school allowed it then yes.

mamadee1971
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:19 PM

I remember skipping on that day.  My kids are only in Kindergarten and 1st, so they have a long ways to go, for that.  And besides, I don't think their school allows that.

mommy5912
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Yes I will allow it
lovemysnugbugs
by New Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Yes I'll allow it.
mommy2boys03
by on May. 15, 2014 at 1:25 PM

It will depend.  When I was in high school I believe most of my teachers scheduled a "test" for that day.  I did skip for that reason.  All the tests were the easiest things to past.  I believe one was like my name, what class and the name of the book or something.  Basically they were just there as an incentive to go to class .  The only way you would get a "make up" was with a doctor's note proving you were sick or something proving you were at something that couldn't be avoided.  It was still a blow off day in class.  If there was nothing major going on that day yeah I would allow my boys to skip as long as they were doing well in school and didn't have a bunch of absences.

iamcafemom83
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:27 PM
I skipped on tjat day but I don't think my.mom knew it. Went to the beach instead. It was great!
jltplk25
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Senior skip day was banned my senior year. The class before me skipped and a bunch of kids went to the bluffs. One of the girls drank too much and ended up with alcohol poisoning, and even came close to dying. The school banned SSD after that.

I would let my kiddos skip if it was allowed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN