Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Did you ever use a home pregnancy test?

Posted by on May. 15, 2014 at 12:12 PM
  • 33 Replies

We're rounding up the best home pregnancy tests for a story on The Stir. If you used one to check if you were expecting, tell us: Which brand did you use (Clearblue, First Response, etc.)? What was your experience with the test like? How accurate and easy to use was it? Would you recommend it to other moms? 

by on May. 15, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsC.
by on May. 15, 2014 at 4:54 PM
I like the digital ones, I don't remember the brand though
SlightlyPerfect
Today at 7:59 AM
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:11 PM
I used to work at an abortion clinic. I know from experience. The Dollar Tree tests are great for detecting early pregnancy. I stash them in my closet (since I have an IUD and don't get a period).
Maks1mommy
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:12 PM
I used the 88 cent ones from Walmart, until I discovered clear blue lol.
RonaH
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I used dollar tree ones came up positive real quick. LOL I give them as gifts for friends I know are trying to conceive they all found out they were preggers for a cool buck.
SlightlyPerfect
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:16 PM
88 cents?! Tell me more!!!!! I've never seen this.

Quoting Maks1mommy: I used the 88 cent ones from Walmart, until I discovered clear blue lol.
SlightlyPerfect
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:17 PM
I love this idea. A "pregnancy-test cake" or something would be simply awesome for a TTC couple! And cheap!

Quoting RonaH: I used dollar tree ones came up positive real quick. LOL I give them as gifts for friends I know are trying to conceive they all found out they were preggers for a cool buck.
Maks1mommy
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Yeah! They're in a little pink box with purple writing on them, I think its called one step.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: 88 cents?! Tell me more!!!!! I've never seen this.

Quoting Maks1mommy: I used the 88 cent ones from Walmart, until I discovered clear blue lol.
SlightlyPerfect
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Where are they in the store? Like at DT I know they're usually by the register. I wonder if Wal-Mart and DT use the same manufacturer...

Shit. Pretty soon you'll find these on Oriental Trading, I bet...

Quoting Maks1mommy: Yeah! They're in a little pink box with purple writing on them, I think its called one step.

Maks1mommy
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Ypu know those little display bins they have in between isles? I found them there, they are also kept by the other tests. Near the feminine hygiene

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: Where are they in the store? Like at DT I know they're usually by the register. I wonder if Wal-Mart and DT use the same manufacturer...

Shit. Pretty soon you'll find these on Oriental Trading, I bet...

Quoting Maks1mommy: Yeah! They're in a little pink box with purple writing on them, I think its called one step.

RonaH
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:32 PM
I also give them the dollar tree ovulation test. LOL works great.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: I love this idea. A "pregnancy-test cake" or something would be simply awesome for a TTC couple! And cheap!

Quoting RonaH: I used dollar tree ones came up positive real quick. LOL I give them as gifts for friends I know are trying to conceive they all found out they were preggers for a cool buck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)