Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

New mom here need advice

Posted by on May. 16, 2014 at 12:05 AM
  • 6 Replies
New mom here I have a 5 month that crys all the time need help here the drs say its gas but gas meds aren't helping.
by on May. 16, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rockchickmom
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Could be reflux. My son had it and he cried for hours and hours at night. I had to change his formula to an AR formula. It took several weeks of hell before I worked that out. I wish I could go back and do it differently. He's ten months old now and still on AR formula until he turns 1 and than trying milk. :) 

HStarin
by on May. 16, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Hi!

First of all, HANG IN THERE! I know it is super super tough when you LO cries all the time and you dont 100% know why.  That being said, I have 4 kiddos (7,6,3,2) and run a daycare.  My first two had MAJOR colic, and the gas meds never helped, what did help was to throw their blankets in the dryer to get them warm not hot and then wrap them tightly around the tummy with it (obviously not to tightly, but like swaddle their tummy area), it kept warm pressure there and helped with the pain a little.  My third had re-flux, but as soon as they treated her with re flux meds she became much better.  One of my daycare kiddos had re-flux too that wasn't discovered until after he was 1 (with a hospital stay because he was dropping weight), my daycare mom had to switch formulas until she found the right one. 

Your doing a great job mama!

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Are you breastfeeding? If so, overactive letdown/oversupply can cause what seem like reflux symptoms. Lean back, baby goes tummy-to-tummy with you vertically rather than horizontally, mouth over rather than under the nipple.
shalynoel
by on May. 16, 2014 at 1:45 PM

My son is almost a month old and has two modes: sleeping or crying  That's it! the doctor called it colic and said it would pass in 6-12 weeks. It feelsl ike it will never get here. I want to enjoy these moments, but I also want a happy baby. I can hear his tummy rumbling and he is passing gas. I'm not sure what's causing the rumbling. 

Hang in there! 

chaotic.mind
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Gas meds never helped my kids either. Mine all had acid reflux. Ask them about baby Prilosec. It really helped my kids a lot. They were like different babies. 

aneela
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:39 PM

hi there!! how is your baby doing now? I hope better and not as much crying. do you have any plans for summer trips or vacations?

Quoting rdhdtiff22: New mom here I have a 5 month that crys all the time need help here the drs say its gas but gas meds aren't helping.

Come check out  Serious Coupon Swappers for swapping, friendship and learn about the many ways to make money online by chatting or using apps!.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/seriouscouponswappers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN