Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

A 3 year old, a dog, a puppy, and a boy due in July!!!!

Posted by on May. 18, 2014 at 7:09 AM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter kaileigh is 3 and is all about her being the only baby. I also have two black labs. A 3 year old and a 4 month old. Crazy I know. Kaileigh and my oldest dog, Tucker, have grown up together. When I got pregnant I worried about kaileigh gettin jealous when the new baby comes. So I got another black lab to see how she would react to a baby puppy being around. OF COURSE they love each other. once I told her she was having a baby brother she threw a fit. She's even went to destroying things in his nursery. Mind you I'm home alone from 5am to 5pm. I need advice on kaileigh. Do I punish her or no? Any tips?

by on May. 18, 2014 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
pinkfairy0206
by on May. 18, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Punish her for what?? She is only 3, it will take time for her to adjust. I'm also a sahm of 4 kids and one fur baby. My husband works 12 hour days. You'll adjust to everything.
dotsicle
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I think some kind of punishment is in order, for destroying things in the home that are not hers. She should be learning that no matter what she does, she is getting a brother. anyway.. and when he comes, there will be no hurting him. You have your plate full already with a 3 yr old and dogs! Good luck momma!

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2014 at 9:29 AM

don't know ...my DD was always extremely possessive - she wouldn't even let me hold other people's babies until she was 7 years old.  I imagine she would have been exactly like this if I had another child.  Good luck

christina122952
by on May. 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Have you tried time out or try to get her mind on something else?
snarkypants__
by on May. 19, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Do NOT tell her "I can't, I'm feeding the baby" or other examples like that. Include her. Show her a toy and tell her "DD, why don't you take this toy to "sissy" or "bubby" - but remember to play nice!"
shorty00207450
by on May. 19, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I wouldnt worry about this. although she does need some consequences. I have a 10 year old daughter a 6 year old son and 2 year old daughter. well when i was pregnant with my 2 year old my 6 year old hated it. He went my whole pregnancy hating this baby and i really worried how he would react when i had my daughter. he even went two weeks and stayed at his dads house which hurt me cause he had never stayed over there more then a day. once i had my daughter he came to the hospital he held her and fell in love. He plays with her and now they get alot. my 10 year old gets a little jeolous cause they are so close and my son knows how to make my 2 year old laugh alot. 

aneela
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:50 PM

aww man sorry but i guess this will hopefully get better over time...how has she been doing?

Come check out  Serious Coupon Swappers for swapping, friendship and learn about the many ways to make money online by chatting or using apps!.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/seriouscouponswappers

Miranda1127
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:05 PM

yikes. A puppy and a baby are soooooo far apart I'm not really understanding your thought process there. It just sounds so much more work than necessary.

DD and ds are 4yrs apart. It was difficult at first for dd to transition from only child to big sister. Involving her in some basic things (wet diaper changes, helping us bathe him, rocking him, playing with him...etc...) helped a lot. As did scheduled (it had to be scheduled so that something didn't come up and push it aside) one on one time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)