Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you ever give your children

Posted by on May. 19, 2014 at 6:26 PM
  • 89 Replies
4 moms liked this

Protein bars/shakes for dinner?

I mean it's plenty of calories for them and its used as a meal replacement for adults...

I ask because I just handed my kids (3&5) a protein bar as dinner on the way out the door for a teeball game... I've never done it before

ADD: I don't plan on making this a regular thing, but I feel like it was a better option than fast food. We had a very busy Monday and a late teeball game, I knew both of my kids would be exhausted and ready for bed by the time we got home. I feel comfortable with the decision I made. :D

Monica Marie

by on May. 19, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM
7 moms liked this
As long as monster drinks aren't being subbed for juice boxes , water, or milk... I think doing this OCCASIONALLY when you are in a pinch is better that Taco Bell or Mickey D's... Just be sure to expect the cry for a sandwich when ya'll get home. ( it's better than sugar laden Quaker granola bars!)

Uh.... Forgot to add... There was a night I was way sick and served cheesecake ONCE for dinner so when evaluating my opinion, remember that . ;-)
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM
4 moms liked this
Awww but I wanted to give my ds Monsters and fudge dipped chocolate chip granola bars for dinner every day. Why did you have to ruin my plan?

Quoting Momofmenagerie: As long as monster drinks aren't being subbed for juice boxes , water, or milk... I think doing this OCCASIONALLY when you are in a pinch is better that Taco Bell or Mickey D's... Just be sure to expect the cry for a sandwich when ya'll get home. ( it's better than sugar laden Quaker granola bars!)

Uh.... Forgot to add... There was a night I was way sick and served cheesecake ONCE for dinner so when evaluating my opinion, remember that . ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:33 PM
It's perfectly fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambergem
by on May. 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM
No.
Texas.Mama
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought it was better than stopping at the convenience store for corn dogs lol

I feel fine about it they both seemed satisfied and went to bed with no cries for more food

Quoting Momofmenagerie: As long as monster drinks aren't being subbed for juice boxes , water, or milk... I think doing this OCCASIONALLY when you are in a pinch is better that Taco Bell or Mickey D's... Just be sure to expect the cry for a sandwich when ya'll get home. ( it's better than sugar laden Quaker granola bars!)

nana776
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM
3 moms liked this

I have, on occassion. I think they are fine once in a while. 

I use protein shakes in smoothies to give them an extra boost of vitamins.

michelle623
by on May. 20, 2014 at 12:42 AM

No

steffielou_who
by Member on May. 20, 2014 at 1:42 AM
No.. never! I feel that those things are meant for adults.. I would have let them stay up late and fixed them something once we got home! Even just a sandwich..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on May. 20, 2014 at 8:07 AM

No I never would.

maribou
by on May. 20, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I might do that to get them by until I fed them a real dinner, but never as a meal replacement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN