Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

A small child walking alone outside what should I do?

Posted by on May. 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do if you see a small child walking alone outside such as in a park or a home?

Options:

Look for a parent

Call the police

Call child protective services

Nothing

Other (post explanation)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

What would you do if you see a small child walking alone outside such as in a park or a home?

This is just a poll from moma's to mama's so have fun!

“Everyone is a genius.  But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.”  - Albert Einstein

tattoo

by on May. 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
anewlynn
by on May. 20, 2014 at 1:01 PM
3 moms liked this

I would look for a parent and then if I couldn't find them I would call the police. 

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on May. 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Look for a parent first

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2014 at 6:59 PM

I'd look for the parent.

LEmommy0913
by New Member on May. 20, 2014 at 7:15 PM
I'd look for a parent.
Q-tsmom
by on May. 20, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Even the best of parent can have a little one  sneak out or run off in just a moment.  My own brother was an escape artist- by the time he was three, the rest of us felt like prisoners in our own home (sliding doors bolted shut, front door locked with a key that was kept high and away from the door, garage door button dissasembled, and cars with garage door openers locked with the car keys kept up high and hidden)  Ours was a wonderful home, with amazing parents, he was never neglected, but he was smart and VERY motivated to get outside to play.  My hubby was a twin, and at 20 months he and his twin brother crawled out their bedroom window after their mom put them down for a nap-Their neighbor brought them to the front door wearing nothing but their diapers not ten minutes after she had closed the door to their room!  

Look for parents,  give others the benefit of the doubt- unless they look like they are neglected, be grateful the little houdini isn't yours.  

OBImomma
by on May. 20, 2014 at 8:06 PM
I'd look for a parent
ladyvamp5489
by Member on May. 21, 2014 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I would look first for a parent or person supposed to be watching them, then if no one is found call the police and let them do whats necessary to keep the child safe.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2014 at 9:40 AM

look for a parent and then ask the child where his parents are, then call the cops

LaReina_5
by on May. 21, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Id first continue watching the child, look for parents, if it just seems super weird id then call for police but try to keep my eye on the kiddo until help comes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN