Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Helping a mother create a home

Posted by on May. 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hello ladies! My children and I are in a tight spot right now, and I am seeking a little help. I know that some will jugde and criticize, which I can accept. But, I'm hoping that others will open their heart, and help me in the journey of doing something special for my son and daughter. I am a single mother of 2 just getting out of an abusive relationship. Now that we're finally out, I am working hard to build a new life for myself, my son, and my daughter. We were recently approved for an apartment, and I put everything that I had into the deposit. Im trying to create a fun, loving, positive environment for the children, and need help building a room for them. To do this, I am trying to raise $350 to help with purchasing beds, dresser, a book shelf with books, wall paint, stencils, and a coloring/art station. If you can find it in your heart to make a small donation, we would greatly appreciate it. Any amount helps. I have set up a fundraising link at:

http://www.gofundme.com/9f2798

Thank you in advance for helping me reach this goal. Also,If you are interested at all in sending e-gift cards, most of the items are available on amazon.com. My email address is:

aplacetocallhome0214@yahoo.com

Thank you again.
by on May. 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TMHarmon27
by on May. 21, 2014 at 10:49 PM

BUMP!

TMHarmon27
by on May. 22, 2014 at 2:37 PM

BUMP!

sonshining
by Member on May. 22, 2014 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Hoping you'll get what you need. Here are some tips for finding freebies - do you children go to public school? Ask the teachers for school supplies that are left over from school year. Many throw out old supplies and craft itmes at the end of the year, so this would be a good time to grab them. First hit all garage sales and you'd be surprised what you can find, and thrift stores as well. You shouldn't have to spend a lot if you go that way. Many items are in good shape, they are just not used anymore.

christina122952
by on May. 22, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You should habitant for humanity for help
TMHarmon27
by on May. 26, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Thank you both for your suggestions. They're really appreciated. my son is 4 years old, and my daughter is 3 years old.
christina122952
by on May. 26, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Your welcome
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN