Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you think you're a good Mother?

Posted by on May. 24, 2014 at 1:33 AM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you a good mom?

Options:

I Know I'm a good Mom!

I worry that I am not a good mom...

I have Kids?

People see me in action and tell me I am a good Mom :)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

by on May. 24, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fudgybuddymom
by Linda on May. 24, 2014 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

MY dd is awesome & I am told by others that I am a good mom cause she is respectful to them & kind.of course she isn't always respectful & kind to me as her mother,LOL! She is a teenager after all. I do still worry that I am truly a good mom because there is only one of me & I see some of my own character flaws in her .

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on May. 24, 2014 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I am confident I am.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2014 at 8:20 AM
3 moms liked this
I'll relate a conversation with my 14 yr old son a couple a months ago. I do not remember all the details , but we were talking about something pretty important involving him and my illness.... Like in what ways it affected him.

He talked for a little while, maybe ten min ( a feat in itself for a teenaged boy!)

And ended with " you're a good mom"
I reply " thanks I try."
He comes across to me and hugs me and says " you don't just try , mom, you succeed ."

That's enough validation for me.for the rest of my natural life.
JBirecki
by on May. 24, 2014 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I picked that I know I am, but the "People see me in action and tell me I am a good Mom :)" option has applied to me too.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes im a pretty darn awesome mom. I love for my kids and try to do everything good and positive  for them and teach them respectful ways. Im doing everything in my power to let them be kids and learn the right way.

ambergem
by on May. 24, 2014 at 8:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I think I'm a good mom, but I lack patience sometimes. We have four kids that are ages five and under. So I know that comes with the territory, but I wish I wouldn't lose my patience sometimes. The kids are learning to curb fits, and I am learning to curb losing my grip. lol Nothing terrible, but when I do have those days of awesome patience it's so much more wonderful. I'm taking an antidepressant and it's been helping me a lot.

My kids are beautiful, smart, loving children and I get a lot of compliments on being a good mom. Those random compliments like when out to eat with the family are really awesome to hear, because you feel like all your hard work is paying off.
SamMom912
by on May. 24, 2014 at 8:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Yep. i rock. 

KITTYCAT1
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this

No, I'm a great mom :)

WesternNYmom
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 11:31 AM

My kids are happy and healthy, and I get compliments about how polite they are from neighbors and thier friends' parents.  I have even had teachers thank me for raising wonderful kids.  I'm not the best mom in the world, but I think I am doing pretty good. 

SpiritedWitch
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I've been told that I was, but not in my opinion. I am not and have never been a touchy-feely person. I do not like being touched (yes, I even cringe when my husband touches me or gives me hugs) so I was not a hugger. I also do not relate well with kids. Constant questions annoy the hell out of me. I am really not the "mothering" type.

Now, once he became a teenager and older, I could relate to him and get along for the most part. We still had major clashes but he did have a lot of anger issues from being picked on in school and then being told at 17 he was dying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)