Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

mom-to-mom

Posted by on May. 24, 2014 at 6:07 AM
  • 18 Replies
Should I get the epidural when I go into labor to have my son?? This is my first baby and don't know what would be best.
by on May. 24, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fudgybuddymom
by Linda on May. 24, 2014 at 6:49 AM

I would say see how ya feel then. I didn't want one at first & then when I finally asked for one they told me it was too late. I had a beautiful baby girl that came out wide awake & perfect. BTW she was my first & only!

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on May. 24, 2014 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

You never really know until it happens!

Momof52011320
by on May. 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Hi I have five kids and I only took pain meds for middle one because the did a c section but I had a great experience kids are much more awake afterwards but it should be how ever u feel I have a high tolerance to pain also congrats and good luck
christina122952
by on May. 24, 2014 at 2:31 PM
I didn't with either of my kids
stacy2607
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 5:51 PM
It depends on your pain tolerance.. you never really know until you are in labor.. when i had my first 4 babies a got the epidural. .With my 5th I decided to try without and i did it.. yes it was painful but I just kept telling myself that the pain will all be worth it in the end and after baby is born I will forget all about the pain..and that's exactly what happened :) so I decided to deliver my 6th-10th baby's also without the epidural.
iamcafemom83
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 6:19 PM
You could see how it goes. You don't have to have one as soon as you get to the hospital--unless you want it!!

I try to labor as longnas possible til it gets to intense. It did allow me to relax and rest a bit & I seemed to transition quickly after that. Everyone sure is different, though.
WILDCATGAL78
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations on your little one! In my opinion only you can decide. You know your body and limitations best.

HuntersMommy071
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Thank you everyone. I'm just wanting to do what's best you know. I need to think about what in going to do knowing I am 35 weeks now.
mylilprincesses
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 4:01 PM
I had two medicated hospital births with epidurals. I gave birth to my last child all natural. The most beautiful and empowering thing. I used to say Epidurals were my best friend in labor but if I was to have another no mess at all. So many ways to make a natural birth possible. Epidurals can also effect your little ones.
andremaleamy2
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:55 PM
I would say hang in there as long as possible, the pain will answer your question.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN