Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

mom-to-mom

Posted by on May. 24, 2014 at 6:07 AM
  • 18 Replies
Should I get the epidural when I go into labor to have my son?? This is my first baby and don't know what would be best.
by on May. 24, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fudgybuddymom
by Linda on May. 24, 2014 at 6:49 AM

I would say see how ya feel then. I didn't want one at first & then when I finally asked for one they told me it was too late. I had a beautiful baby girl that came out wide awake & perfect. BTW she was my first & only!

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on May. 24, 2014 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

You never really know until it happens!

Momof52011320
by on May. 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Hi I have five kids and I only took pain meds for middle one because the did a c section but I had a great experience kids are much more awake afterwards but it should be how ever u feel I have a high tolerance to pain also congrats and good luck
christina122952
by on May. 24, 2014 at 2:31 PM
I didn't with either of my kids
stacy2607
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 5:51 PM
It depends on your pain tolerance.. you never really know until you are in labor.. when i had my first 4 babies a got the epidural. .With my 5th I decided to try without and i did it.. yes it was painful but I just kept telling myself that the pain will all be worth it in the end and after baby is born I will forget all about the pain..and that's exactly what happened :) so I decided to deliver my 6th-10th baby's also without the epidural.
iamcafemom83
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 6:19 PM
You could see how it goes. You don't have to have one as soon as you get to the hospital--unless you want it!!

I try to labor as longnas possible til it gets to intense. It did allow me to relax and rest a bit & I seemed to transition quickly after that. Everyone sure is different, though.
WILDCATGAL78
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations on your little one! In my opinion only you can decide. You know your body and limitations best.

HuntersMommy071
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Thank you everyone. I'm just wanting to do what's best you know. I need to think about what in going to do knowing I am 35 weeks now.
mylilprincesses
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 4:01 PM
I had two medicated hospital births with epidurals. I gave birth to my last child all natural. The most beautiful and empowering thing. I used to say Epidurals were my best friend in labor but if I was to have another no mess at all. So many ways to make a natural birth possible. Epidurals can also effect your little ones.
andremaleamy2
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:55 PM
I would say hang in there as long as possible, the pain will answer your question.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN