Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Should I get the epidural when I go into labor to have my son?? This is my first baby and don't know what would be best.
by on May. 24, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Replies (11-18):
SueSahara
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:51 AM
decide what you want to do from now in your birth plan and when the time comes don't be afraid to change your mind.

If you decide to do natural but the pain is too much definitely go for the epidural you want to experience to be happy and relaxed because sometimes it can get overwhelming
christina122952
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM
I didn't have one with either of my kids. Its up to you because it depends on if you can take the pain.
HuntersMommy071
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Thank you girls so much. I only have 3 weeks left until my sons due date! I can't wait til he's here :-)
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:31 PM
I would plan an unmedicated one but research all options and have a plan incase the pain in too much.
jessi2girls
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:47 PM

which is best and which feels best are two different things lol.

I went with the epidural for my first, and my second I went all natural...

The epidural made the contractions less painful.. but the pushing seemed to take longer and was harder. but i didn't feel a thing with the afterbirth or the stitches..

With all natural, it was faster , but more painful contractions, pushing was easier though, the after birth hurt, as did the stitches..

Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I didn't get the choice due to complications and an emergency c-section, but if you have a really high pain tolerance and get to have vaginal delivery, you can do that method. Otherwise, YES! But really you will know when you get there. 

cassibella
by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 2:06 AM

I can't really say from personal experience, because I was taken right back into the OR for a C-section, lol.  I've known several women who have had epidurals.  They were more comfortable during labor and no harm was done to baby.  If you're hesitant, just try laboring naturally and see how you feel--many women still go through their entire labor and delivery without the help of pain medication (had I not had to have a C-section, this was my plan).

It's a personal choice, in the end.  Do what you feel is right! 

HuntersMommy071
by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Thank you so much. I think I'm going to go with epidural though when I do go into labor. I just can't wait until he is born.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN