Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

is it cruel

Posted by on May. 25, 2014 at 12:06 AM
  • 9 Replies
My 15 month old is crying it out tonight after i nursed him...my oldest is at gma and gpas house so i can finally let him cry. Hes sucking me silly my nipples hurt so what better time to let him cry? Am i a bad mommy?
by on May. 25, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mercedeslynn
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Also im leaving for a weekend in june my.mom has a bad back who cant bounce him to sleep. God damn i feel guilty along with my oldest doing his first over nighter. I feel lost.
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:55 AM

No you are not a bad mom. And its not cruel. Its not gonna hurt him one bit

christina122952
by on May. 25, 2014 at 1:47 AM
No you are not as bad mom
Smashley222
by on May. 25, 2014 at 2:19 AM
2 moms liked this

about a year and a half ago i would have thought u were an asshole. (sorrryyy!!!) lol but at that time that's how old my youngest was, and i was going through the same. exact. thing. Plus she wouldn't sleep through the night only because she was just so used to waking up to nurse. So my husband finally talked me into letting her cry it out for a lil bit.. if she got too crazy or went on too long he would go in there and try to soothe her, and we just kept doing that until POOF! She fell asleep on her own. Once she started falling asleep on her own, she would never wake up in the middle of the night. She'd sleep 12 hours straight til morning, then she even started nursing less and less during the day until around 18 months we stopped altogether. Now at 2 1/2 yrs old, putting her to bed is so damn easy. We give hugs, kisses, and cuddles for a couple mins, say goodnight, lay her down in bed and she's out all by herself within 5 minutes. My only regret is that i didn't do this with my first daughter, who is now 4, and who i still have to lay down with til she falls asleep, and STILL wakes up every single night to come cuddle with me.

momofkevandkk
by on May. 27, 2014 at 1:35 PM
No, it's much better in the long run (if you're consistent), totally worth it all the way around. It's better for the child, because they learn good sleep habits.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2014 at 1:39 PM

nope, you're breaking bad habits ... the crying will last one day, tomorrow he may cry a few minutes, by day 3 it's done for.  I know it's hard but it's for the best.  you're not a bad mom

happynewyorker
by Member on May. 27, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Don't put yourself down and say your a bad mom.  We've all done things that hurt when raising our children.

I was told to let my daughter cry it out when she was a infant.  i couldn't do it.  It doesn't make me bad mother. 

We are mothers!! We all have to deal with our children and if this is what needs to work for your child to sleep.  Then this is what it has to take. 

Just think this is the beginning. 

whoodathunk
by Member on May. 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM

You're a great mom for realizing that it must be done.  Children need to self soothe, they need to be able to sleep without mom on occasion.  My son was over 2 before I finally let him cry it out at night...I did not make the same mistake with my daughter!  He'll be fine & so will you!

clairewait
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I've actually always been pro CIO and in my experience, it just doesn't last long.

All of my kids are GREAT and completely independent sleepers.

I know the anti-CIO crowd believes differently, but I just don't buy into the idea that kids under the age of about 4 will have memories of being left to cry when they should be sleeping.

No you are not a bad mother. Stop listening to the social media masses and start listening to your heart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)