Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Ear piercing..

Posted by on May. 25, 2014 at 5:20 AM
  • 44 Replies
What is the appropriate age to get my daughter's ears pierced after she's born?
by on May. 25, 2014 at 5:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this
You can get them pierced when she is at least 6 weeks old . I know my ears were pierced at 2 months old.
waytomanykids10
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 6:59 AM
3 moms liked this
For us it is when they turn 16years old. I do not believe in piercing babies ears.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKelso
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 7:10 AM
I know I had mine done really young. I was thinking when she's a couple months old.
catlady333
by on May. 25, 2014 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

They had it done at the pediatric's office. My pediatric said to wait until they had a tetnus shot.  My girls were done at 6 month and 7 months. 

sensual_peaches
by on May. 25, 2014 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I waited until my daughter was 3. She begged for them to be done. She saw me wearing earrings and said she wanted to as well. I made her wait a month to make sure she really wanted it then took her to a piercing/tattoo shop and got them done. She was a real trooper about it and made sure to keep them clean. She even sprayed her ears every morning and night with the antiseptic spray they gave us to prevent infections (I think she just liked the fact it was aerosol and could do it herself lol). I think it is better to wait until they decide to get it done. She is 4 now and she still loves her earrings. I recommend that if you do get them pierced do it at the des or at a parlor. They know what they are doing and she is less likely to get a keloid (spelling?) Also invest in labriet earrings. They are for lip piercings but the ball is a screw top and the back of the earring is flat. That way when she lays on her side the post dosnt poke her. And depending on the place they can use that to pierce her ears. 

christina122952
by on May. 25, 2014 at 3:07 PM
I was wondering the same thin, my daughter is 8 months
shortyali
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Everywhere around here wont pierce until 4  months.  I had to bring DD's shot records with me and her birth certificate to prove her age and that she was up to date on shots. 

I had mine done when I was 5 and it was a horriable experience.  I was soo scared and freaked out that it took my parents 4 trips for me to do them.  So with DD I didnt want to do that with her.  DH and I took her at 5 months and had them done.  Never really bothered her.  She cried for a minute after but then was over it.  Now at almost 4 she doesnt even act like they are there and as a baby she never messed with them.  To change them I do have to pin her down kinda because she doesnt like to sit still.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
MistyMoo
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM
I would do it either really young, like 6 weeks or wait until she is ready to make the decision completely on her own and knows and understands the risks and what the whole procedure involves and is able to care for them herself. I tried my daughter at 2.5 and it was OK, they didn't get infected or anything, but they were in for the amount of time they recommended before changing them and I decided to change then and she wouldn't let me put em back in.. So she doesn't have them anymore and I won't do it again until she can do it herself.
anotherandree
by on May. 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM
We don't believe in it either. Our daughter got hers done, however, when she was old enough to take care of them. In her case, she was 8.

Quoting waytomanykids10: For us it is when they turn 16years old. I do not believe in piercing babies ears.
Lotusblooming
by New Member on May. 25, 2014 at 5:40 PM

I was kinda planning for on her 5th bday unless she ask for it sooner. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)