Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What should you do when someone shoves your kids face into a birthday cake?

Posted by on May. 29, 2014 at 10:50 AM
  • 173 Replies
2 moms liked this

How do you prevent this type of thing happening? And when it does how should you handle it? Getting upset is only going to make you look like a witch or hysterical. I know some cultures think this is funny and its just some peoples sense of humor but its not mine and I want people to act civilized at my kids party.

by on May. 29, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
regian19832002
by Member on May. 29, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

MY son's uncle has done it before but he was liek 1 and was not going to smash his cake, so when he did I did not say nothign then my son started playing in his cake.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2014 at 11:15 AM
14 moms liked this
I've never had such an immature thing happen at any child's or adult's party. I cannot help you. :-/ I would be absolutely horrified!
PamZ66
by Member on May. 29, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Some people think it's hillarious to make the kid cry.  In some cultures it's traditional.  Bu t I don't want that kind of thing happening so I want to know how to prevent it and what to do if it does.  I figure if you start yelling or something its only going to make matters worse but I don'twant to be a door mat either.

PamZ66
by Member on May. 29, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Quoting regian19832002:

MY son's uncle has done it before but he was liek 1 and was not going to smash his cake, so when he did I did not say nothign then my son started playing in his cake.

But I'm to prevent this.  And I want to know how to handle the situation if it happens. It's nice that you liked it but some of us don't.

regian19832002
by Member on May. 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I would just tell everyone not do it, I have done that before as well and it worked people might think your being mean but its your kid.

Quoting PamZ66:

Quoting regian19832002:

But I'm to prevent this.  And I want to know how to handle the situation if it happens. It's nice that you liked it but some of us don't.

waytomanykids10
by Member on May. 29, 2014 at 4:31 PM
15 moms liked this

I can honestly say, I do not know a single person that would even do something like that.

chiefsfan91
by Member on May. 29, 2014 at 5:01 PM
11 moms liked this
Put him at a separate table with his cake and have everybody stand back while they sing and stuff
WesternNYmom
by Member on May. 29, 2014 at 7:59 PM
6 moms liked this

I have never seen this happen at any children's party that I have attended, and in mine and my husband's family, it is concidered rude and tactless to smash cake in the bride's or groom's faces at a wedding.  If someone smashed one of my kids' faces in thier birthday cake, I would probable pick up what was left and smash it over their head to make them see what it was like to be humiliated.

dromani
by New Member on May. 30, 2014 at 3:02 AM
My uncles use to do that to me. Even as a teenager. Use to get me soooo freakin heated! If they don't listen and still do it, later at the party get them with mud in the face. I don't really know. That could start something else actually.
Memere60
by Member on May. 30, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Around here, people are having 'smash cakes' made for the birthday child. It's kind of gross watching a 1 or 2 year old kid destroy a cake, while stuffing frosting in his mouth.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)