Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What should you do when someone shoves your kids face into a birthday cake?

Posted by   + Show Post

How do you prevent this type of thing happening? And when it does how should you handle it? Getting upset is only going to make you look like a witch or hysterical. I know some cultures think this is funny and its just some peoples sense of humor but its not mine and I want people to act civilized at my kids party.

by on May. 29, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Replies (171-173):
goldpandora
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Quoting PamZ66:

To make the kid cry.  Some people think it is funny to make other's cry, expecially little kids.  That is why you see so much of this stuff on Youtube.

vettechmom88
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:03 AM

am i the only one who thinks it could be dangerous? a baby with an unexpected facefull of cake could aspirate, and what if it gets in their eyes? no way. ive never seen this done, know no one who would even consider such a thing, and if anyone had ever tried, theyd be leaving with a broken nose. the birthday party is for the birthday child, not the guests. i dont care what the guests think is funny, the party isnt for their amusement, it is to make a happy memory for my child, and the baby crying and getting upset doesnt qualify.

"Never judge a man by how he treats his peers, judge him by how he treats his inferiors." ~ Albus Dumbledore

Shelly126
by Michele on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:50 AM
If it's a cultural thing you're worried about with families, I would make sure to tell people and/or have DH tell his family. @ the party make sure you and other children are the only ones around you're child and the cake, stand very close by and if an adult tries anything be there to grab someone's hand and stop it before it happens!
I would not allow anyone to get close enough to even try it and I wouldn't feel bad grabbing someone's arm to physically prevent them from trying it anyway. Then I would tell them to back away and go sit down or they will be asked to leave. You don't need to yell and make a scene, and if the person who tried it started making a scene because they were prevented from causing a child humiliation, I would look @ them like they were crazy and turn it around on them like they are the bad guy and ask them to leave.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN