Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I am so annoyed, EVERYTHING is gray!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am so irritated!
I usually use a liquid laundry detergent. My DH bought some pods last time and I thought, what the heck this seems easy. Well I washed a load of whites that all look gray now! The pods had a blue detergent in it and somehow stained all the clothes! I had to rewash everything in bleach to get them somewhat white again. So annoying!

Anyway, I never had this problem before with a liquid detergent even if it was blue. I stopped using a powder because it would clump sometimes and now I am stuck with a bag of 28 blue pods that I am terrified of using again.

What do you use? Liquid, pods, or powder? Which one and which brand works best for you.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kgbm13
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I make my own powder laundry soap.  On the road we use liquid.  I've used the pods since SO had them at the time but not crazy about them.  Maybe add 1-2 cups white vinager to each load.  I found this helped.  But I also don't do white loads I mix all.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I would write a letter to the company ... about your experience.

I use liquid detergent - whatever is on sale - no problems.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Liquid Purex free and clear. All my " men" have sensitive skin and anything scented does not help my migraines PLUS all stain are gone in one wash and no whites go gray ( even with a teen and tot.)
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Oh no! I use Tide pods. They have a liquid and a powder in them. We have been using them for about a year and never had an issue with them.

SlightlyPerfect
I've seen some people recover from financial bankruptcy, but I've yet to see someone recover from intellectual or moral bankruptcy.
Today at 6:33 AM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:38 AM
I heard the pods turn your clothing gray or purple if you don't let them thoroughly dissolve before adding clothing...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN