Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I am so annoyed, EVERYTHING is gray!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am so irritated!
I usually use a liquid laundry detergent. My DH bought some pods last time and I thought, what the heck this seems easy. Well I washed a load of whites that all look gray now! The pods had a blue detergent in it and somehow stained all the clothes! I had to rewash everything in bleach to get them somewhat white again. So annoying!

Anyway, I never had this problem before with a liquid detergent even if it was blue. I stopped using a powder because it would clump sometimes and now I am stuck with a bag of 28 blue pods that I am terrified of using again.

What do you use? Liquid, pods, or powder? Which one and which brand works best for you.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kgbm13
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I make my own powder laundry soap.  On the road we use liquid.  I've used the pods since SO had them at the time but not crazy about them.  Maybe add 1-2 cups white vinager to each load.  I found this helped.  But I also don't do white loads I mix all.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I would write a letter to the company ... about your experience.

I use liquid detergent - whatever is on sale - no problems.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Liquid Purex free and clear. All my " men" have sensitive skin and anything scented does not help my migraines PLUS all stain are gone in one wash and no whites go gray ( even with a teen and tot.)
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:13 AM

Oh no! I use Tide pods. They have a liquid and a powder in them. We have been using them for about a year and never had an issue with them.

SlightlyPerfect
A party every day this weekend. I can't wait for fall and a freed-up calendar.
Yesterday at 9:24 AM
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:38 AM
I heard the pods turn your clothing gray or purple if you don't let them thoroughly dissolve before adding clothing...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)