Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

advice! !!!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:14 AM
  • 10 Replies
Ive been having some pregnancy symptoms so i asked my husband to get a pregnancy test when I did he said "im not taking care of this one" im on nuvaring and have followed the instructions to a T. We have 3 kids already 4 3 and 2. Im not a believer in abortions and dont have the heart to put a baby up for adoption. So if im pregnant idk what im gonna do. Any advice would be appreciated please no negative comments. Thanks
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakin616
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:00 AM
2 moms liked this
I would tell him that He'll be taking care of IT ..if He wants to or not..You didn't get pregnant by yourself..and unless He has lived in a cave for the last 3 three pregnancies..he should know that NO birth control is 100% effective.He has just as much responsibility toward birth control as you do......Sorry If I am being rude ..but men with that attitude just piss me off.
SlightlyPerfect
A party every day this weekend. I can't wait for fall and a freed-up calendar.
Yesterday at 9:24 AM
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this
He sounds lovely.
annafntnt
by New Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Your not being rude. He says that it would be my fault cause I was on implanon but I gained 50lbs and it was starting to really irritate my arm so when its time was up I had it removed and changed to nuvaring he wanted me to go back on implanon but it was making me miserable I had real bad mood swings and periods were all kinds of messed up. It was torture. So I changed and he says he liked the old one better and that he told me to keep that one...

Quoting mamakin616: I would tell him that He'll be taking care of IT ..if He wants to or not..You didn't get pregnant by yourself..and unless He has lived in a cave for the last 3 three pregnancies..he should know that NO birth control is 100% effective.He has just as much responsibility toward birth control as you do......Sorry If I am being rude ..but men with that attitude just piss me off.
mamakin616
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Quoting annafntnt: Your not being rude. He says that it would be my fault cause I was on implanon but I gained 50lbs and it was starting to really irritate my arm so when its time was up I had it removed and changed to nuvaring he wanted me to go back on implanon but it was making me miserable I had real bad mood swings and periods were all kinds of messed up. It was torture. So I changed and he says he liked the old one better and that he told me to keep that one...

Quoting mamakin616: I would tell him that He'll be taking care of IT ..if He wants to or not..You didn't get pregnant by yourself..and unless He has lived in a cave for the last 3 three pregnancies..he should know that NO birth control is 100% effective.He has just as much responsibility toward birth control as you do......Sorry If I am being rude ..but men with that attitude just piss me off.
So not only are you just supposed to gain weight during the pregnancies ,but after as well... ,be put through from ungodly moodswings..(I had NORPLANT 20 years ago I know what it did to me)take care of three kids,a home, you are suppose to follow his orders as to what birth control HE tells you to use ..so that he can continue to get pleasure from YOUR body and have no responsibility??.HMM..Tell Him I can give Him a vasectomy for free.
ZamilyMom
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Tell him if he wants to divorce you so he doesn't have to physically help you take care of him or her, he will still have to pay child support!!

ejkdmom
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Take the pregnancy test.  Find out for sure then start the worry if there is any need.  If you aren't pregnant don't have sex with him again until he gets himself fixed.

stephs5isenough
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:39 PM

This is what I would say as well.

I would also be praying that God would turn his heart.

Click my tag to follow me to:

ambergem
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Yikes. I would question staying married to someone who could say something like that. We have 4, ages 5, 4, 3, and 19 mths. DH got a vasectomy during my last pregnancy. We were stressed having them so close together, but I would lose respect for my DH if he said anything remotely like that.
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:55 PM

It sounds more like a hasty comment made in stress and fear.

You know he's not going to just decide after 3 to totally ditch you for one more.

For one thing, what's one more? And another thing, every time I've brought a new baby home, it takes very little time before I cannot imagine my life without it. I think that's the nature of kids. Many people regret the ones they never had, but nobody regrets the ones they have.

He'll come around.

Try not to take it personally... but if there's something else there (some underlying resentment/anger/fight going on) you might want to get to the bottom of it.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:54 AM

If he's that adamant I'd suggest he get a vasectomy AND do the follow up. I personally know 2 men who had it done and still had another child because they didn't. Good Luck! Hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)