Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Broke and keep giving

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM
  • 15 Replies

I am 19 I have a 18 month old daughter and I have been moving around like crazy since I had her because I can't afford to live on my own yet.

I recently just moved in with my mom have been here for about a month and a half. I pay 100 dallars in rent and 100 in food.

Last night my mother told me in front of everyone I am probably going to be one of those people who can't keep a dime in my pocket. I told her no actually I have been saving so I can get everything I need. She said oh so you have money in the Bank... I told her yes.

Now it is only 8 : 48 in the morning and she has already asked me for money. She said she wants a 20 to fill her tank to go to the big city with my sister on a feild trip. I asked her are you going to pay me back and she flipped out and was like YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RUDE ABOUT IT! I am helping you a lot already! NOW YOU WANT TO CAMPLAIN ABOUT GIVING ME A $20  bill!

She is flipping out but I almost went to a shelter like I really don't have anything. I am saving for a car so I can work and afford day care. 

It hurts to not be able to afford helping, I still gave my mom the money and still give family money when they ask. But my family is not broke at all and I don't understand why they come to me for money. 

I seriously just want to cry I am so stressed out. :'(

would you share your opinion on this..?

by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
regian19832002
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

hugs

SkyZarah
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Hugs*

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:59 AM

*Hugs* 

I'm sorry Mama.

SkyZarah
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:59 AM

hugs* 

sonshining
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM
3 moms liked this

Well, sorry. I do like your attitude though and your hard working ethics and giving heart. Sorry to say, but doesn't sound like living with your Mom is very healthy. Try your best to bide your time and move on as quickly as you can. What about girlfriends? Neighbors? Reach out, sometimes family brings the most drama and a break would probably do you and your duaghter good.

mamakin616
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I learned a long time ago that people will keep on taking from you as long as you are willing to give..If your agreement is a hundred a month for food and then another hundred for rent,why should you have to give over twenty for gas?? Simply because she found out that you had it? Would you allow your landlord to do that to you..of course not..so no one else even your Mom should be allowed to do it either.If you keep handing it out ..you will never be able to save enough for what you need.
MandaMom23
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 11:27 AM

aww Im sorry that you are dealing with this.  I am sure it is a difficult situation but I hope things settle down and improve with you soon.

christina122952
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Hugs
booaura
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:32 AM
I can see where your mother is coming from. $200 for month? That's nothing. You have a child. Of course you should be able to support not just yourself, since you are an adult, but your child as well. Saving is great, and hopefully one day you'll be able to support yourself, but don't get upset at your mother for wanting more help in exchang for cheap room and board.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eviesmom453
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Where are you? Maybe we can help you find resources. Gl, I hope things get better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN