Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Broke and keep giving

Posted by   + Show Post

I am 19 I have a 18 month old daughter and I have been moving around like crazy since I had her because I can't afford to live on my own yet.

I recently just moved in with my mom have been here for about a month and a half. I pay 100 dallars in rent and 100 in food.

Last night my mother told me in front of everyone I am probably going to be one of those people who can't keep a dime in my pocket. I told her no actually I have been saving so I can get everything I need. She said oh so you have money in the Bank... I told her yes.

Now it is only 8 : 48 in the morning and she has already asked me for money. She said she wants a 20 to fill her tank to go to the big city with my sister on a feild trip. I asked her are you going to pay me back and she flipped out and was like YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RUDE ABOUT IT! I am helping you a lot already! NOW YOU WANT TO CAMPLAIN ABOUT GIVING ME A $20  bill!

She is flipping out but I almost went to a shelter like I really don't have anything. I am saving for a car so I can work and afford day care. 

It hurts to not be able to afford helping, I still gave my mom the money and still give family money when they ask. But my family is not broke at all and I don't understand why they come to me for money. 

I seriously just want to cry I am so stressed out. :'(

would you share your opinion on this..?

by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Replies (11-15):
Kmakksmom
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Sounds like you are doing your part already.  I don't think you have to give your mom any more money unless you want to.  Good luck! 

copperswifey
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:21 AM

I'm sorry :(  I would just keep trying to save your money and not tell them about it. That way you can get everything you need to stand on your own two feet. Good luck! I wish you the best :) 

nana776
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:30 AM

I would have a sit down talk with Mom and see if maybe there needs to be a rent increase, settle that issue and put it into writing. Once that is settled I would add into the contract that any money above that is to be considered a loan. 

I am a firm believer in getting things in writing so there are no arguments about it later. Any time your family comes to you for money, be firm that it is a loan, discuss repayment and when, and put it in writing. 

mrswillie
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Have you looked into a babysitting vouchure?
Sisteract
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:16 AM

:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)