Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Mixed feelings

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
My doctor informed me that I'm going to have to have a scheduled c section due to health issues as opposed to a vbac or being induced like I did with my first pregnancy. I don't know I'm a little bummed I knew my chances of having a c section in general was pretty good but I at least wanted to be induced so I could experience some parts of labor. Now I don't get to do anything.. I'm just going in and being cut open. I guess I don't feel like a mother in some ways because I'm not actually laboring to bring my baby into the world. I'm happy that my baby will be delivered healthy though and I know that's all that matters but I still can't shake these blues. Feeling a little robbed of the whole birthing experience :'(
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I think it is perfectly understandable. Yes, you are happy your baby will be delivered safe and healthy, but it is our biological right, if you will, to have a child naturally. We were created to give birth, so I can understand the sense of feeling robbed of it.  (hugs)

christina122952
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:36 AM
I know how you feel, I had both my kids naturally, when are you going to have a c section? Is it a boy or girl? I am sorry you feel robbed.
booaura
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:30 AM
They can't force you to have a c-section. Weigh the pros and cons. Why are you having a c-section? And yes, those feelings are normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nina8609
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM
I'm type 1 diabetic and I've already had a previous c section so they said that's why it's best I get another one. Mainly because of the diabetes. They don't want to take any chances
nina8609
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 11:06 AM
They're going to tell me the exact date of the surgery in a few weeks. I'm having a girl :-)

Quoting christina122952: I know how you feel, I had both my kids naturally, when are you going to have a c section? Is it a boy or girl? I am sorry you feel robbed.
christina122952
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Congrats, what are you going to name her?

Quoting nina8609: They're going to tell me the exact date of the surgery in a few weeks. I'm having a girl :-)

Quoting christina122952: I know how you feel, I had both my kids naturally, when are you going to have a c section? Is it a boy or girl? I am sorry you feel robbed.
LDavis33
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I kind of know how you feel.  I really wanted a v-bac with my second pregnancy.  I laboured for 15 hours before they discovered she was a frank breech (same as my first born) and I ended up having to have an emergency c-section.  I have to say I much rather would've just had a scheduled c-section than to go through that pain again for no reason.

It took me a while to come to terms with both of my birthing experiences, but I now realize that how my children came into the world isn't important, it how I bring them up that really matters.  

Good luck!

Kmakksmom
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Your feelings are totally understandable!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)