Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Chinese food

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:32 AM
  • 31 Replies

I wouldn't really eat it all my life.  My mom would take me to Chineses restaraunts and I'd get a cheeseburger lol.  My ds has been begging to eat it for a while, so we've been experimenting.  OMG I didn't know what I was missing lol.  I need to call my mom lol.  I just finished the rest of our dinner last night, general tso's chicken & pork fried rice.  It was good cold, even the rice!  Yum.  

What do you guys eat from Chinese places?

by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Sweet and Sour chicken, Orange chicken, General Tso's chicken, chicken and broccoli (chicken is the least fattening), chicken chow mein, and anything else that I happen to see that sounds good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:39 AM

I wanted to try the orange chicken.  It says it's spicy, I was afraid it'd be too spicy.  But the general tso's chicken also said spicy and we didn't think it was.  So maybe Chinese spicy isn't really that hot?

Quoting Jenn8604: Sweet and Sour chicken, Orange chicken, General Tso's chicken, chicken and broccoli (chicken is the least fattening), chicken chow mein, and anything else that I happen to see that sounds good.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
It also depends on the place you get it. Everyone makes theirs different.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

I wanted to try the orange chicken.  It says it's spicy, I was afraid it'd be too spicy.  But the general tso's chicken also said spicy and we didn't think it was.  So maybe Chinese spicy isn't really that hot?

Quoting Jenn8604: Sweet and Sour chicken, Orange chicken, General Tso's chicken, chicken and broccoli (chicken is the least fattening), chicken chow mein, and anything else that I happen to see that sounds good.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I love spring rolls, imperial rolls, hunan dumplings, won ton soup, sweet & sour soup, sesame beef, general tso, fried rice, love pretty much all chinese noodle dishes, beef & brocoli, cashew chicken, mixed vegetables, orage beef, chow mein etc...  I woek with a chinese lady and her husband is in the restaurant business, his food is SO good, she brings it in the office once in a while !!

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I like to get general tso's chicken, chicken and broccoli stir fry, shrimp fried rice, and shrimp egg rolls. My 7yr old is like that, anytime we want to get chines takeout we have to get him either McDonald's or pizza because he will not even touch Chinese food, lol.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Egg rolls, vegetable egg foo young, egg drop soup, crab ragoons,
zadesmom1998
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 4:35 PM
I either get orange chicken or general tso chicken with pork fried rice.
KyliesMom5
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 4:38 PM
My favorites are sweet and sour pork, Mu Shu pork, general tao's chicken( I always ask that they make it non spicy), beef and Broccoli, egg rolls, and fried rice.
momtotwo08
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Honey chicken, rice and vegetables. Beef lo mein with noodles.
gee18
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Shrimp fried rice, orange chicken, general tso chicken, chow mein and spring egg rolls .. yumm
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN