Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Summer Work .... Suggestions Please!

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

My oldest son is ending second grade in a few days. He has to read a book and do a "book report" over the summer, but thats the only required work. I like for him to do a little more to prepare for third grade (which is gonna be tough, especially with the teachers at his school). Any suggestions for websites, book, worksheets that I can get for him to do during the summer to prepare for third grade?

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sonshining
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

YES! The workbook is called Summer Bridge activities and it helps with grades their going to start in. For instance you'd want the bridge into 3rd grade workbook. There are fun activity pages that help with the skills. I believe there's a certificate at the end. Every day I picked out a couple math pages and language or other pages for him to do. I gave him weekends off, just like school. Google them and you can get them at Target, any bookstore or online.

MommaDragon4
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Thank you! I will give it a look!

Quoting sonshining:

YES! The workbook is called Summer Bridge activities and it helps with grades their going to start in. For instance you'd want the bridge into 3rd grade workbook. There are fun activity pages that help with the skills. I believe there's a certificate at the end. Every day I picked out a couple math pages and language or other pages for him to do. I gave him weekends off, just like school. Google them and you can get them at Target, any bookstore or online.

Kmakksmom
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:50 PM

There's a book series out called 'What your ____ grader needs to know.'

Here's the third grader version through Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/What-Your-Third-Grader-Needs-ebook/dp/B00EGMV0P2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402876070&sr=8-1&keywords=what+your+third+grader+needs+to+know.

GREAT set of books!  They have a lot of information in them.

Sisteract
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:32 AM

GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)