Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My son is 6 and.....

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:20 AM
  • 8 Replies
He ends up in bed with me every night. He goes to sleep fine alone, but thru out the night comes and sleeps on my bed. I'm not sure how to break this habit, or why he is doing this. I think he is too old to be sleeping with Me. I understand on nights when he gets scared,but every night? I don't know what to do.
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
booaura
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:22 AM
I don't think he's too old. Ask him what scares him, get a night light, put him back in his own bed when he comes to your room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaAngel8707
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:24 AM
I tried. Tonight he told me I didn't love him cause I tried sending him.back to bed.It really hurt.

Quoting booaura: I don't think he's too old. Ask him what scares him, get a night light, put him back in his own bed when he comes to your room.
booaura
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:33 AM
Well, he's scared and wants his mom, and mom is sending him away. If it's really such a big deal to you, talk to him about why he keeps coming into your room, why he won't stay in his, what he's afraid of, and what would make his room better.

Quoting BellaAngel8707: I tried. Tonight he told me I didn't love him cause I tried sending him.back to bed.It really hurt.

Quoting booaura: I don't think he's too old. Ask him what scares him, get a night light, put him back in his own bed when he comes to your room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I still have DD7 and DS5 doing this and DD4 and DD21 months cosleep full time. I think they grow out of it at one point mama. But they're still young
BellaAngel8707
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:46 AM
When its an every night thing? I'm not trying to push him away, I want him to sleep him his room and be okay. I'm in no way trying to be mean, please don't think that.

Quoting booaura: Well, he's scared and wants his mom, and mom is sending him away. If it's really such a big deal to you, talk to him about why he keeps coming into your room, why he won't stay in his, what he's afraid of, and what would make his room better.

Quoting BellaAngel8707: I tried. Tonight he told me I didn't love him cause I tried sending him.back to bed.It really hurt.

BellaAngel8707
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:48 AM
I'm just worried he won't grow out of it. I do love the fact of him wanting me so much. Just really hurts that he doesn't think I love him. I'm also worried when he reaches that curious stage.

Quoting CrossStitchMum: I still have DD7 and DS5 doing this and DD4 and DD21 months cosleep full time. I think they grow out of it at one point mama. But they're still young
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I would talk to him and find out from him why he doesn't like his own room, and what would make his own room more comfortable so that he can sleep through the night.

When/if he says you don't love him because you are sending him to his room, tell him that you are worried that he isn't getting enough sleep, and want him to be happy, and healthy. That sleeping the whole night through si good for him so that he has energy for the next day.

Well something like that.

waytomanykids10
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:02 AM
6 is not to old to need the security of mom. My 10yo ds and 8yo dd still come to bed with us every night. There is no way I would ever turn one of my kids away when they need cuddles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)