Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Why can't I just hate you too

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:50 PM
  • 10 Replies
I posted a couple days ago about my aunts and how they are treating me well my mom decided to confront one of my aunts and she asked if she hates me and she said she don't hate me but she extremely dislikes me and so do the rest. I don't understand why I haven't done anything to them. They don't care if they don't see me or my kids ever again. Then when my mom said that means the rest of us won't be coming down either and that's when she said she would talk to my cousin. I have asked God to help me get thru this but nothing why can't I just hate them like they hate me is it that hard for me to do? Why does things have to bother me so much ? I'm sorry for this stupid vent I'm just so upset.
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixonBabies
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM

I'm sorry, hugs. I just went through the process of cutting most of my family and all of dh's family besides his mother out of our lives. I let it bother me so much to where I blew and now I feel better knowing that we won't see them again. 

ramita
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:04 PM
It's because your a kind person that you care. However if they can't at least be civil in their dislike then you need to just stay away. Have no contact with them including things like facebook, email. As a matter of fact if you have their numbers just delete them out of your phone. If they want to be hung up on negative feelings for whatever reason, let them. However don't let them drag you done. Doing these things probably won't take the hurt away, but it will help you not focus on it.

Good luck!
9-6-7months
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Quoting DixonBabies:

I'm sorry, hugs. I just went through the process of cutting most of my family and all of dh's family besides his mother out of our lives. I let it bother me so much to where I blew and now I feel better knowing that we won't see them again. 

Thank you so much for your kindness. I told my grandpa I can't continue to go down there and see them but if he would let I would love to still see him. My grandpa completely understood and he said I am more then welcome at his house.
9-6-7months
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting ramita: It's because your a kind person that you care. However if they can't at least be civil in their dislike then you need to just stay away. Have no contact with them including things like facebook, email. As a matter of fact if you have their numbers just delete them out of your phone. If they want to be hung up on negative feelings for whatever reason, let them. However don't let them drag you done. Doing these things probably won't take the hurt away, but it will help you not focus on it.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your kindness. I called my grandpa and told him everything and I would still love to see him I just can't continue to see them and he understood and said I am more then welcome to come just to his house.
Tiff22Faith
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:58 PM

You can't because you are taking the high road. I think they are being childish and rude. My MIL's family does the same thing. They have events but never tell her. Unfortunately, they act that way with her because she is adopted. It bothers you because you want them to accept you. I'm sorry they are doing this. I know how it feels.

Kmakksmom
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:07 PM

You seem like a kind hearted person.  That's more than likely why you can't hate them too.

copperswifey
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Awww I'm sorry. You can't hate them because you are a good person with a big heart. I will say some prayers for you that things get better for you! ~hugs~ 

mrswillie
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Did your mom ask why they dislike you?
Sisteract
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Move on. No one, especially family, needs to like any one else.

Koreejean
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I am sorry. I am going through this with my sister and it is hard. You can't hate them because you are too kind of a person. I hope that things get better for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN