Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how much does past miscarriages affect getting pregnant?

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM
  • 17 Replies
Anyone please
by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junebaby18
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 9:45 AM
It just depends upon each person. I have 4 kids and have also had 2 miscarriages. My kids are 19, 10, 3 and 2 months. I had one between the 19 and 10 year old, and then one between the 10 and 3 year old.
If you continue to have them, you will need to be seen by a high risk Obgyn to find out if your hormone levels are high enough to keep the baby.
goddessmom3113
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Sad thing is though I've lost count on how many miscarriages I've had. I'm just hoping it hasn't affected too badly.
Junebaby18
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Quoting goddessmom3113: Sad thing is though I've lost count on how many miscarriages I've had. I'm just hoping it hasn't affected too badly.

You need to go to a dr before you try to conceive again. There may be something that need to be fixed inside you. I have a friend that tried 16 years to have a baby and lost many babies. She went to a fertility dr and she had to take some meds to make her body get a normal cycle and to help her to conceive.
pegasusdancing
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:48 AM

i would suggest going to your doctor and discussing everything with him/her. I had a miscarriage last May, we got pregnant again in September. I'm now 38 weeks and waiting impatiently for the birth of our first.

I wish you luck.

goddessmom3113
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 7:15 AM
Ty and congratulations :-) im just having to wait for dr until funds are available. Good luck with you and your family.

Quoting pegasusdancing:

i would suggest going to your doctor and discussing everything with him/her. I had a miscarriage last May, we got pregnant again in September. I'm now 38 weeks and waiting impatiently for the birth of our first.

I wish you luck.

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:19 AM

I had 5 8-9 wk losses after a son stillborn at 20 weeks, likely from strep B. In my case, it set up an autoimmune antibody response, APS, that prevented me from ever being able to carry to term. I could get pregnant in a blink, but couldn't stay pregnant. I was finally sent to an immunologist who figured out why. My last pregnancy was supported with baby aspirin and heparin injections but my antibodies were too high. I have high levels of anti strep, anti thyroid and phospholipid antibody level and a positive ANA. 8 years after my last pregnancy I was diagnosed with lupus.

rdnkwskygrl
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM

all depends on the person. I have a DS 9 from my ex husband. my husband & i got pregnant when my DS was 2 and i had a second trimester miscarriage with DD at 20 weeks. gave birth and she was stillborn. not planned 3 months later i got prengnant with my DS (now 4 1/2). i was still grieving over DD but tried to focus on the positive. I was due on her birthday but had DS 2 weeks before. We tried again and got pregnant with DS (now 1 1/2) and like DS 4 not planned i am 8 months pregnant with DD due next month.

Miscarriages effect people in different ways. My DD was my husbands first child (after being told almost all his life he couldnt have children) so it effected him differently. in a way i still havent grieved over DD. I have to stay strong and keep going for the children i have and know shes always with us.

mylilprincesses
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Mobile Photo

%50 of miscarriages are due to unknown causes. So it's hard to a say.

I had 1 miscarriage and 3 healthy pregnancies
mylilprincesses
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Mobile Photo

I am a pregnancy and infant loss advocate feel free to message me if you have any concerns
oliveoil423
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM

i was two weeks along when i got pregnant with my husband and i first baby. and had a misscairge last november. waited till january and got pregnant again. my daughter will be two when she sees her sibling for the first time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN