Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how much does past miscarriages affect getting pregnant?

Anyone please
by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Replies (11-17):
Cheyennesmommy4
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I've had several miscarriages between my kids/pregnancies and so far I haven't seen any effect except after the last two I had and we still haven't concieved. My miscarriage was late last year.

Meg2011425
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:47 PM
I have one son whose 5 and have had 2 miscarriages since. I think it depends on everyone. Every body is different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booaura
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Depends on what caused the miscarriage and how it was handled.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pegasusdancing
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Thank you. I completely understand. I am praying for you and sending lots of positive vibes.

Quoting goddessmom3113: Ty and congratulations :-) im just having to wait for dr until funds are available. Good luck with you and your family.
Quoting pegasusdancing:

i would suggest going to your doctor and discussing everything with him/her. I had a miscarriage last May, we got pregnant again in September. I'm now 38 weeks and waiting impatiently for the birth of our first.

I wish you luck.

angelizedsinz
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:31 AM
It really depends on the person. I have PCOS and it actually helped me get pregnant. I miscarried in Oct and by Dec I tested positive again. Something about my hormones already being in pregnancy mode.
Kmakksmom
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:55 PM

It really depends on the person.  I've had three miscarriages, two stillbirths (both boys), and I have 5 healthy kids now.  (Although I almost died giving birth to our youngest, our only son.)

My mom had 5 miscarriages, and only had me.

timon95
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:22 PM

i think it just depends. i miscarried my first baby in Nov of 2002 and got pregnant with ds in Mar 2003, carried him without any issues

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)