Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

A question for military moms

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:57 AM
  • 12 Replies
I was wondering if a life threatening event happen to you or your children with the military allow your husband or wife to come home to deal with the event or is he/she forced to stay where they are at and find out from other's what's going on?

Also if they are allowed to come home are they allowed to stay until everything is resolved or are they on a schedule?
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 12:06 PM

If it is a child or a spouse then yes. Almost always they can come home. 

caligirl7613
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Well my cousin was pregnant and her and the baby almost died. Her husband was deployed and in combat but they flew him home immediately. He was able to stay for 3 weeks, until her and the baby were "out of the woods" she was still in the hospital but no longer in a life threatening situation
SueSahara
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 2:33 PM
I figured as much but you never know tv shows give you the candy coated version of what actually goes on lol. I hope your cousin was able to make a full recovery.

Quoting caligirl7613: Well my cousin was pregnant and her and the baby almost died. Her husband was deployed and in combat but they flew him home immediately. He was able to stay for 3 weeks, until her and the baby were "out of the woods" she was still in the hospital but no longer in a life threatening situation
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 2:41 PM
A coworker of mines sister was allowed to come home (she was air force, she's out now) for her grandfather's last few days and funeral back in 2008 when she was deployed overseas. I have no clue if she was in a combat zone or not my coworker only said her sister got to come back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SueSahara
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 2:50 PM
So I guess the rule must be for extended family as well I am surprised but that is great that she was able to say her goodbyes in person

Quoting Jenn8604: A coworker of mines sister was allowed to come home (she was air force, she's out now) for her grandfather's last few days and funeral back in 2008 when she was deployed overseas. I have no clue if she was in a combat zone or not my coworker only said her sister got to come back.
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Well he actually died before she got there, like a few hours, but they tried.

Quoting SueSahara: So I guess the rule must be for extended family as well I am surprised but that is great that she was able to say her goodbyes in person

Quoting Jenn8604: A coworker of mines sister was allowed to come home (she was air force, she's out now) for her grandfather's last few days and funeral back in 2008 when she was deployed overseas. I have no clue if she was in a combat zone or not my coworker only said her sister got to come back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 6:30 PM

My husband is in the Army. They were only allowed to come home death of an immediate family member when he was deployed last year. My husband also said that unfortunately it's generally up to their command and also depends on how long your deployment is.

SueSahara
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 7:10 PM
Aw man that is sad as all heck

Quoting Jenn8604: Well he actually died before she got there, like a few hours, but they tried.

Quoting SueSahara: So I guess the rule must be for extended family as well I am surprised but that is great that she was able to say her goodbyes in person

SueSahara
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 7:11 PM
That gives a lot of power to another individual

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

My husband is in the Army. They were only allowed to come home death of an immediate family member when he was deployed last year. My husband also said that unfortunately it's generally up to their command and also depends on how long your deployment is.

SueSahara
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 7:12 PM
That gives a lot of power to another individual

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)