Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

no where to turn

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:03 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok so hi in Jess I'm a swum of 3.. 8,7,6 I remember being a kid going to grandmas house you always said you were hungry rather you was it not.. everything always taste better at granny's.. well I live in the country and I have one neighboir. That my kids goes to all the time( we share the same drive way). Any ways my kids had went and told her I never feed them that I never do any thing.. I have been fighting depression since my mom died a year ago and thought I was doing well with it... but my neighbors came to me like I really did this stuff told my kids I needed to be put in a hospital so I can get help.. that I was having mommy issues... I go to the doctor m. My kids go to school I'm perdy sure if they was being neglected someone would notice.. I'm not sure what to do about this neighbor.. thank her for looking our for my kids or be mad because she came at me like I was abusing my children... help
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambergem
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
What is a swum and is your DH/SO supportive?
Kellyjude1
by Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I am so sorry about your mom.  I hope you are doing better with your depression.  I think you should have a talk first with your children.  Let them know if ever they have any problems or need to talk that they should and can come to you.  As far as the neighbor as long as you know you are doing the right thing for yourself and your children there is nothing you can do about the neighbor.  Since the children stated you never do anything maybe try and plan some special activities or things to do together they just may be seeking out more of your attention.  I think open communication is most important allow the kids to talk about their feelings so that you can understand if they are having any problems.   

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I'm sorry about your mom : ( 

What does your DH/So think about this?

kellynh
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Sorry about your mom

christina122952
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Sorry about your mom
Kmakksmom
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Your kids must feel like you don't do much for them.  Do you know which child told your neighbor this?  Unless you don't feed them or do anything else for them, don't worry about it.  You are doing what you can.  

virginiamama71
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Are you in counseling for your depresssion?

Miranda1127
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:28 PM

IDK...at that age kids have their own take on reality. At this point I would just try to understand why they all think I do nothing for them and attempt to put it in perspective for them as well as myself.

mrswillie
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:20 AM
I would talj to the neighbor.
Sisteract
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Talk to your nieghbor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)