Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you remember their first milestones?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:01 PM
  • 12 Replies

I was looking thru my kids baby books earlier and got caught up in the nostalgia of it all. Reading about their first words, their first step, when their first tooth came in and all the pictures that went with those milestones.

Do you remember your kids first milestones? Did you keep a baby book?

by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:11 PM
No I don't have baby books, but I remember the most important moments of both of my boys " according to me " first words", first day of kinder. First hospitalization ( both very young! Ugh!) Their hilarious malapropisms ;-) all of them from both.

There is so much more to come, with each passing moment. All I know is that everytime my 15 yr old and four yr old reach a new stage , I have whispered in my head. " don't change, I love you just like this!"

And then they inevitably do....and I whisper the same thing. :-)

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Yes n yes I keep baby books with my both my boys.
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:19 AM

No, I really don't remember anymore and I don't have a baby book either.  I do remember that all of her firsts did happen on special occasions.  I'm sure if I thought really hard about it I could figure out which happened when.

christina122952
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:42 AM
I keep a baby book for my daughter
rachellaree20
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM

My daughter only turned one a few weeks ago so I remember her milestones, though I'm writing them down so I remember them later.  She's currently trying to learn to walk :-)  and has added the words "ball" and "light" to her vocabulary :-)

LDavis33
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:01 AM

I'm a horrible mom :(  I tried keeping a baby book for my son, but just didn't have the time to work on it and it now sits, almost empty, in a box under my bed.  I didn't  bother getting one for my DD because then I would feel guilty to completing hers and not my sons.

I remember the moment both of them took their first steps, I remember their first words, I remember the first tooth.  I don't remember when they happened, but I remember those moments.

I keep a journal for each of them that both my DH and I write in from time to time.  We write about the types of things they like to do, the funny things they say and of course how proud we are of them.  I guess this kind of counts as a "baby book" even though we really didn't start it until our oldest was 2.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I remember some of them....I wish I had kept better scrap books/memory books on things like that.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Yes and yes : ) 

kellynh
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Yes yes... I love looking through the books 

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM

I have a horrible memory.  I did baby books for all of them, but some of them are missing a few details.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN