Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

do you let door to door sales people in?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:54 PM
  • 156 Replies
3 moms liked this
Just curious i was at my moms today and she let one in while my two young kids were there. He was selling beef but i got a look at his van and it wasnt labled and when he opened the back there was NOTHING in it. He was very odd and came back into her house and started to tell her he heals people with his hands and showing her videos. My oldest son was very quiet with him there which isnt like him. He was hovering over the two if them when i said he had to ho because i didnt like a strange man in the house with my young children. Also he never told my mom a company or even show a card. The worst part my three year old said he saw a knife...wtf?!? I wad upset she let him in and she regretted it instantly i guesd the guy pretty much walked in while i was putting my baby to nap....
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soymujer
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:59 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't generally let them in unless they have a city permit to sell and information like a business card.

waytomanykids10
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:59 PM
5 moms liked this
Nope, they can't even get to our front door without being buzzed through the gate. If they tried to come in over the gate they would set off the alarm and would then be met by our dog and me with a shotgun pointed at them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michelle623
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:10 PM

No

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:31 PM
3 moms liked this
Lol, no. Most is the time I don't even open the door. I just turn the music up louder.. haha
msharleyjr
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I used to, long ago. Not anymore. I'm a sucker for a sales pitch. I buy the dumbest things! Lol now I just talk to them on the front porch .
christina122952
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:08 AM
No
Shelly126
by Michele on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
No, I don't even open the storm/security door, I only open the wood door and tell them no thank you. There are also plenty of times I don't open the door @ all.
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Nope.
There's a meat company around here that delivers door to door and had stopped by at our neighbors to deliver their order and while there asked if I wanted to buy some. I was actually outside atm.They had cards and a freezer in their truck with, you guessed it meat, in it. We talked outside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:33 AM
No I tell them no thank you and then I shout the door.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Normally no, I will speak with them through the door and even the times I may have been interested I went outside and talked to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)