Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does your child have an invisible friend?

Posted by   + Show Post

My son had one for awhile and he named it quite weird. But soon he (it) was gone and life went on. Can you remember his/her "invisible friends" name and maybe a cute story to go with it?

My sons invisible friend was named (I am spelling this phonetically) DAWGY~BADGY!
He was probably 4 at the time and I think he came up with this name because he would say "Doggy bad"! Whenever he would do something naughty, alot of times he would blame our poor Collie. LOL! 

BTW later in life as he grew older, we used it as a code name. So if anyone said," your mom said to come with me" or he felt uncomfortable, he was to ask them the code name!

Don't think anyone could guess that one!

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Replies (21-29):
FPE.903
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM
My dd always talks about her sister. Fyi she doesn't have any siblings. She says my sister does this or that and talks about her all the time.
arpazia
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 2:48 AM
I don't think ds ever had one
christina122952
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 3:45 AM
No
mrswillie
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Mine never did.
slw123
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Neither of my kids did.
Apr1l
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:31 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:21 PM
My DD actually has an imaginary class that she has taught for 3+ years. And not like playing teacher...she actually teaches them and talks to them and responds to questions they supposedly ask, corrects behavior, etc. but it's all imaginary.
JTE11
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:24 AM

DD has had a string of them, but none of them ever stick around more than a few days to a week or two. One recent one was named Sophia, and one was just "the boy", and a bunch of them were animals and I can't remember all of their names. It's like a revolving door of imaginary friends around here. Sophia was a week or two ago and while she was here she had to get buckled into the wagon when DD went for a ride, had to have her own snack bowl. They were seemingly best buds for a couple of days until Sophia started getting on DD's nerves (from what I can tell, she was talking to DD while DD was trying to watch TV) so DD stood up one day after having an argument with Sophia and said "This is not working, Sophia! You need to go somewhere else now, poof!"  and that was the end of Sophia. Kids are some weird people.

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

My son had several.  He had Boocho and Bookoo, as he put it " they chase the big big funder (aka thunder) away!"  He also had the whole 100 acre wood as "playmates"  At lunch I would have to set a plate of honey out for Pooh Bear and his friends lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN