Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you feel like your DH takes you for granted? how?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

Seems like I do everything house and kid-related, while working, and he acts like I do nothing.

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Koreejean
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:58 PM

I am sorry. I have been there as well. I finally told him exactly how i felt and told him that i needed his help. I hope things get better.

christina122952
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:05 AM
No
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:49 AM

No he doesn't.  When he's upset he might say something hurtful about my procrastination but it's just in anger and he apologizes and assures me that he knows how much I do to contribute to the household.  It bugs me at the moment but I do the same so I know he doesn't really mean it.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Yeah I feel like same way. And he wonders why sex is the last thing on my mind. And gets really pissed when I don't want it
elasmimi
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Well, after 40 years of marriage, I guess we both do. But he is worth every minute of being taken for granted.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:19 PM

I'm pretty spoiled by my husband. It helps that he is on full time kid duty all day on Saturdays, so he gets a pretty good taste of my M-F life. That alone made his perspective a lot more realistic.

He also had a blown disc one summer and ended up having back surgery. It was the most physically miserable thing he's ever experienced. So my pregnancies after that summer he's been super sympathetic to how awful I feel.

For us, it just took a lot of communication and trying to experience what the other is dealing with every day. I'll be honest, I could be a lot more sympathetic toward his stress and the amount of stuff he deals with every day too.

Anyway, hugs mama. I think it is possible to work through it. It just takes work.

Malibudreamin
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Yes. He works and goes to school FT. We have hard kids. He knows what I go through, but doesnt say much. I have been miserable and depressed for years. He never shows real appreciation.

Miranda1127
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:44 PM

no, I feel like I take him for granted though

sophiesister2
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Yes. Ive been with him through everything. 2 surgeries for his daughter, court stuff and a bunch of drama with his ex and if i have any issue he acts like its suchan inconvenience for him.
sophiesister2
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Im so sorry :( i think im depressed right now too, i had high expectations for this pregnancy and its just sucked so far.

Quoting Malibudreamin:

Yes. He works and goes to school FT. We have hard kids. He knows what I go through, but doesnt say much. I have been miserable and depressed for years. He never shows real appreciation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)