Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:30 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have signed up for a 5k that will be in less than 2 weeks. I really haven't been running that much for over a year and now I'm out of shape. Lol. Have you ever signed up for anything that you aren't prepared for?
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
christina122952
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:18 PM
No
MandaMom23
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:19 PM

I havent but good for you for signing up and taking a chance.  The biggest step is trying : )

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:36 PM
No
adove01
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 6:46 AM
This is my first one and my friend tells me I'll get addicted to them. Lol. I guess there's worse out there to be addicted to. I have 9 days left until the run and man I'm getting nervous. Heading to the gym this morning before work to run the 3 miles again. Then if I have time add some ab work too since I need a lot of help in that area.
mcginnisc
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 6:54 AM
No....that is a really short period of time to get distance up if you are not currently running. It takes 12 weeks to train safely for a first race. You never want to add more than 10% distance in a week. Don't worry about time, just finish it and don't worry if you have to walk a lot of it. It is better to walk it than to suffer injury.
Yes, they are addicting....I have the shirts to prove it. Lol...I run a ton of races in a year normally...only 1 this year due to injury though.
Have fun!
mumsy2three
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Yep, I wasn't prepared for my first 5k. I walked more than I ran but it's okay b/c I finished. I have done quite a few 5k's since, I like the t shirts, lol.  We also chose the absolute worst 5k as our first the terrain was pretty rough and mountainous, lol.

adove01
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 11:46 AM
5 more days til my 5k. I am walking 12 minute miles, so when I jog/run its a bit faster. The treadmill has been lying to me. I found out by walking with my GPS app on and actually found out with my stride that when I walk I average a 12 minute mile. So I'm better off than I thought.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)